BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews

BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews (https://www.babyuniversity.com/forum/index.php)
-   Baby Names (https://www.babyuniversity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Shes going to use my name.. (https://www.babyuniversity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127564)

DianaL 08-05-2005 10:43 AM

yesterday i had gotten an email from my best friend. she told me she had already settled for her baby girl name but will keep it a secret until she is born in October. So okay, but than she said that nope, she wanted to name her Angelina even though I had already tolden her I picked out that name. Back in April or March before i was pregnant, we were talking about names. well i told her ive always wanted to have the word, "Angel" in our baby name and that i liked Angelina Victoria for a girl. she now is going to have it Angelina Marissa. she had other names picked out but is still going to go with this one. For a boy i told her the names i liked Angel or Julian and she also wrote yesterday that she likes Julian for a boy too and has always considered using that. I dont know what this is turning into but i dont like it. I mean were best friends since high school, but its looks well sounds like she wants to copy. i know this is stupid and childish. i feel like maybe next time i should just keep my mouth shut. but why??!! shes my best friend and we should have fun talking about what we want for our babies stuff like that. ugghh this urks me!!

DQKaren 08-05-2005 10:51 AM

It would irk me too. I think If someone I knew was preggo and we talked about names - I would keep them a secret - I d be too paranoid that they would take my name.

KJBBDOLL 08-05-2005 10:58 AM

Yeah, that would really urk me too!

melizerd 08-05-2005 11:40 AM

does she realize she's done it. Maybe she has only thought of them because you guys talked about it awhile ago and now they are in her brain. Is there some way you could say something to her? Like oh ya you must remember that convo we had about names and thought of them?

Jannie 08-05-2005 11:54 AM

I would ask her, did you get those from when we talked?

I could help you get some names that are close to those for you to suggest to her.

DianaL 08-05-2005 01:42 PM

that would be good Jan, I did tell her already that that was the main name i was going to pick out if i had a girl. she believes it shouldnt matter cause we would both have different middle names. to me it does matter. she just tells me that Angelina is going to be a very popular name. its been about 3 wks that weve been discussing this prior to march or april the first time weve talked about it. i keep thinking maybe shell get the hint that the name is taken but nope...

Jannie 08-05-2005 01:53 PM

I would e-mail her that since she liked her names so much that you have been looking at these others too (but secretly so she might take these and leave you yours) Angelica, Anika, Anita, Arabella, Anemone, or Ardelia.

Boy~Jedrek, Jerzy, Jonah, Josiah, Junius

Grace 08-05-2005 02:04 PM

That is rude.

My sister and I both liked the name Katherine since we were children. Since I knew that it was her heart's deepest desire to use that name and she would cry her eyes out if I used that name, we changed Kate's name to Caitlyn. They mean the same thing, but aren't the same name.

I have a sneaky idea. Tell her your heart is now set on some other name (totally unrelated to these names) and see what she does.

DianaL 08-05-2005 02:35 PM

do you think she might say.. good, than i guess Angelina it is...since Diana has another name in mind.

i hope not.

Grace 08-05-2005 02:39 PM

Personally, I think she's going to pick whatever name you do no matter what it is. Even if you said you were going to name your baby Orrie or Opal.

Jannie 08-05-2005 02:41 PM

I hope not but maybe you should tell her that I picked these out for you since you wanted to use my name!!!

I am sorry I had the same think with SIL and we both wanted Rebecca, but after I picked it.

DianaL 08-05-2005 02:58 PM

im going to try that Jan,

good one,

Jannie 08-05-2005 03:11 PM

Got a whole lot more where that one came from too!

Wendy 08-05-2005 03:47 PM

That would make me SO angry! I'd just make up a new name and tell her. One name I could slightly understand but both names you picked?

DianaL 08-05-2005 03:52 PM

exactly.

it drives me crazy theres other things that shes planning on doing as well but ugghh thats another story. i think maybe now i shouldnt act happily to talk about my ideas or thoughts without having them taken away and than me being accused of copying. this is soo dumb. i know. im embrassed to even post this.

Dawn 08-05-2005 03:55 PM

Honestly, I wouldn't share any more names with her. If she asks you down the road what you are going to name your baby, I'd flat out tell her that after she chose the same names as you, you've decided to keep it a secret until the baby is born to prevent that from occurring again. I'd be upset as well! Especially since when you were discussing it, it wasn't like she said "Angelina! Really? That's the name I've always liked too!"

StevesSweetie 08-05-2005 05:38 PM

That is exactly why I won't tell anyone the names I have picked out when I have a child(ren)!! That was very rude of your friend!!!

lvissers 08-05-2005 06:03 PM

That would make me

DianaL 08-05-2005 06:12 PM

it wasn't like she said "Angelina! Really? That's the name I've always liked too!"

Dawn, yep not once did she say that, i mean if she did than yeah we both liked the name. but no, no she didnt. i mean if she was just a friend liked that i worked with or whatever that would be totally different. it wouldnt bother me but because she is my best friend of 11 years, it does. plus get this.. i am a copycat beacause.....

Her son was born on December 31st
Raymond was born on December 15th

copycat

Her second son was born on March 6th
My new baby will be born March 3rd.

copycat supposely i decided when to and plan my life around hers. whatever

Jannie 08-05-2005 06:54 PM

Okay that last part really sounds like my SIL!

DianaL 08-05-2005 06:58 PM

is she from Pennsylvania.. maybe its the same person, im just kidding.

NicoleB 08-06-2005 12:51 PM

that would really tick me off!! I would go ahead and use the names though anyways to her! and then if she says anything about you using "her" names then I would tell her , well I told you I had these names picked out and then you decided to use my names.

DianaL 08-06-2005 08:32 PM

yeah i have my set on that name.

AndreaB 08-06-2005 11:34 PM

i say use it anyhow... and it would bother me too! jan has some great suggestions

Grace 08-07-2005 04:10 PM

I would give my dd the name of my choice and forget her. She sounds like she's on the path not to being a friend anyway. But your dd will have this name for the rest of her life.

DianaL 08-07-2005 07:10 PM

very true, everyone for their thougths and advice.

sweetpeas3 08-13-2005 11:38 AM

Just tell her in your honeyist voice that they are both great names , and the reason you think that is because you are using those names too. She'll be iked as well, but it may start a discussion where you can point out the fact that she had never mentioned either name until after you told her you had picked them out!

libbym26 08-13-2005 12:18 PM

Honey, she sounds like a best friend I'm about to get rid of. I would suggest nipping it in the bud now. lol Don't tell her anything else...like what you want as far as bedding...she snag that also.

As far as the name goes...Keep the name you picked out. If she names her child that...fine...you name yours that also. Because it does sound like she isn't a true friend...so if you two are not friends after your baby is born, it is a girl, you named her something else...you would be so upset with yourself for letting someone else "run" your life.

Sexi_LiL_Ma 10-06-2005 04:06 AM

Yes hun she is being childish! My 2 bestfriends & I had these special names picked out since 5th grade my friend Lina always love the name Izabelle, Amanda loved Nicole & I loved the name Faith. And we sorta made a pact to never take each others names!! Even thought Im pregnant now and find Lina's name very pretty I can't take it from her!!!

Stink_Momma 10-06-2005 09:50 AM

I don't think that is right. I would tell her yes I like those names too, that is why I told you months ago those were MY choices!