What do you write down.. - BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews
User Tag List

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 12-05-2005, 05:09 PM - Thead Starter

Likes Earned: 0
Likes Given: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
on the enrollment papers when you sign your kid up for school when he goes by his middle name? I dont want him to have to tell every teacher individually that he goes by his middle name which is Colton. And I have thought of giving our next child two middle names, but what do you put in the middle initial box on forms? Just the first middle name's initial?? Just curious...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 12-05-2005, 05:26 PM
Special Member

I think that you should call the school. I know that my grandmother goes by her middle name and all her documents go by her first initial and then her middle name. So your son's stuff would be X. Colton. It might not be possible to just put his first initial depending on the school for legal reasons. Good luck.
#3 of 6 Old 12-05-2005, 05:44 PM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 11
Um, our son Ethan also goes by his 1st middle name His name is Samuel Ethan Paul. When I filled out his birth certificate I put Samuel in the 1st name box, then Ethan Paul in the middle name box. But like at the ped's office they call him back as Samuel, and the Dr calls him Ethan. Does that help any?

#4 of 6 Old 12-05-2005, 06:49 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 2
On rhyne's forms I always just put her 1st middle initial M (cause there is usually only one box) Like liz said, there is usually a "goes by" box (or a what do you want to be called box), if not just write it in.
#5 of 6 Old 12-06-2005, 03:15 AM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 11
Yep, We put the boys 'legal' names on the forms and then put down what they are really called in the 'goes by' line.

Just as well bc if someone called out Richard and Anthony, Rick and Tony would still be sitting there looking out the window wondering who they were talking to
#6 of 6 Old 12-06-2005, 10:55 AM

When michael went to school they asked if he had a nick name the name he goes by.. just let them know...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page