Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 02-01-2006, 06:04 PM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Likes Earned: 0
Likes Given: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well, its still so early in my pregnancy. But we have 2 little girls and are hoping for a little boy, So we had a discussion about names. Well, My father in law and my husband have the same name first middle and last.
If we have a boy my husband wants us to name the baby the same name as well.
Now its already a pain when you say Kenny already and they are both there, but having a son named Kenny too? Im not so sure.
I can imagine my self callin "Kenny honey can you come here" and my son coming? I would constantly be saying, not you, daddy. Or telling husband, not him.

Now, hubby says we can just call him Junior, but hubbys name IS Junior. IF we were to have a boy and name him this, it would make him the 3rd...

What should I do? Should I discuss it, what should I say. I don't want to hurt his feelings.
Or should I not even bring it up till we know the sex? hmm?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 10 Old 02-01-2006, 06:24 PM

If your son will be the third, you can call him Trey. That is a typical way to address a III in a line of 1st, 2nd, 3rd.

Tammy
wife to Kyle 4/27/96
Proud mom of two fabulous kids:
Emily 1/11/03
Travis 10/6/06
#3 of 10 Old 02-01-2006, 06:46 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 2
I agree you could call him trey. I wouldn't personally ever name my kid after my husband, just because of the financial difficulties and such (getting credit scores mixed up and other things)

#4 of 10 Old 02-01-2006, 09:19 PM

Likes Earned: 26
Likes Given: 12
I love my dh's name. It's one of my favorites, but he didn't want to name any son we had after him or his father. I would talk to him and tell him how you feel. Coming from a family with loads of Johns and Joes, it can get really confusing. What about picking a name with the same initials, but a different name? Like Khristian or Kevin or Keith? Okay, those aren't big favorites of mine, but you know what I mean.

BTW, congratulations! Somewhere I missed you where pregnant!

“
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Euripides

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
”- John Barrymore “

#5 of 10 Old 02-01-2006, 09:28 PM
Special Member

I personally can't see naming a junior or the 3rd or anything like that but if you find out it's a boy I'd talk to your DH about it. Trey isn't bad though either, I'd worry about the credit stuff mix ups too.
#6 of 10 Old 02-02-2006, 12:33 AM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Yeah, I know..We are dealing with bad credit because of credit mix ups right now. We were ruined shortly after we were together. I am just now getting around to trying and getting everything that isn't ours off of our credit so maybe we can some day get some, who knows.

His name is Kenneth Ray and I don't mind using maybe Ray as the middle name or even Kenneth heck I just don't want the full blown name.

Trey is an okay idea, but sheesh why would i want to name my kid something and call it by another name most of its life.

Its just not going to work! If I do find out its a boy were having a looong talk! lol
#7 of 10 Old 02-02-2006, 01:04 AM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 12
Good luck to you!

I would probably sit down even before you know the gender and at least have a chat on your feelings for the name and why. Rather than it possibly getting heated later when you know it IS a boy.

I know we've discussed it already and I left it up to Kev and he said nope didnt want one named after him. (and thats fine by me cause I love him but I don't love his name enough for a Jr. )
#8 of 10 Old 02-02-2006, 02:17 AM
Special Member

Daniel and I had the junior discussion when we found out I was pregnant with Nicole... He wanted a son to be a junior, I said no, because some day it'll be little Daniel and big Daniel, and then eventually young Daniel and old Daniel! He changed his mind after that
#9 of 10 Old 02-07-2006, 09:21 PM

My sister had this same problem with her baby. Her bf is named after his dad, so he would have been the 3rd one with the name. They were able to make a compromise though. Instead of naming him like his dad, they name him Dakota James Dale...James after my dad, and Dale after the father of the baby. That way his name is totally unique to him, yet still gives his dad pride in knowing his name is in there somewhere Compromise works great and I'm sure you and DH could work out something like that.
#10 of 10 Old 02-08-2006, 10:36 AM
Addicted Member

You could just develop a nickname for the child and use that unless he is in trouble... then at that point when you yell Kenny and all answer, they probably will all deserve it anyway!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page