It's only four letters! How hard can it be - BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews
User Tag List

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 16 Old 01-18-2007, 02:23 PM - Thead Starter

Likes Earned: 26
Likes Given: 12
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm so sick of people misprouncing my baby's name. It's only four letters. Car -ah. Like the Adams family - cara mia. Not Care - ah. My dr's office keeps calling the baby Care-ah. I hate it. That is not her name. Her name is Cara with C. And it's Caitlyn with a C too.

Everyone else on the planet gets it but these ijits. I swear, I will correct them three or four times and they still get it wrong. It ticks me off to the point that I am going to talk to the dr about it next time I go in.

Do not tell me that I am misprouncing or mispelling my own child's name! Ijits! That just really ticks me off. Dh thinks I am making a mountain out of a molehill.

“
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Euripides

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
”- John Barrymore “

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 16 Old 01-18-2007, 02:26 PM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 0
Likes Given: 0
Stick to your guns honey. You keep telling them the correct way to pronounce it and it will get done. My SIL had the same problem with Kerstin. Some stimes people can be ignorant.

BTW I haven't heard anyone use Ijits in a super long time.
#3 of 16 Old 01-18-2007, 02:26 PM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 3
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
People mess my boys names up all the time. Darien is always Daren or Darius and Jonas is always Jonah. I just smile and think you idiot!

#4 of 16 Old 01-18-2007, 02:31 PM - Thead Starter

If you went to this dr's office, Jan, you'd have plenty of opportunity to use the word ijits. Bohick would figure in there pretty heavily too. I hate that my dr moved to this clinic, but they are paying off his student loans for him, so that's where he is. I can totally see why they would have to offer a lot of incentives to get drs to come there! They have about 10 times the office staff of a regular dr's office and I can see why! All of them share a brain!

This is the place where they chewed me out because my four day old baby did not have a social security card. Even when they saw she was really only a newborn! Now, they tell me that I am mispelling Caitlyn because I use a C instead of a K!

“

Euripides

”- John Barrymore “

#5 of 16 Old 01-18-2007, 02:47 PM
Administrator

Likes Earned: 16
Likes Given: 2
Brenna actually gets mispronounced all the time too. She's either Brenda or Brianna. That's probably why I always call her Gracie now.

Elaine White

I'd love to be the ideal mother but I'm too busy raising my kids.

Haley Olivia 8-17-96 ~ Zachary Tyler 4-30-01 ~ Asher Mackenzie born an angel 2-26-03 ~ Brenna Grace 5-4-06
#6 of 16 Old 01-18-2007, 02:58 PM
Addicted Member

Kyan's name gets mispronounced all the time too. He gets called Key-an But.. would they say Ryan wrong? No!
#7 of 16 Old 01-18-2007, 03:01 PM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 12
Sorry. I had issues at Children's they kept calling Peyton a HE. (and she had her chart right in front of her. )
#8 of 16 Old 01-18-2007, 03:37 PM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 11
I'll admit, Lenora, I thought it was Care-Ah, too

I know how ya feel, most people call Rach Ra-Shell when they see her name.
#9 of 16 Old 01-18-2007, 03:52 PM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 29
I thought it was Care-ah too.
Karen, people call Bailey a she and Payton a he all the time. When they ask me a question like "has she been sleeping well?" I will answer "yes, HE is sleeping fine" and then they usually appologize I should just let it slide but I just can't But, that is part of it when you use unisex names I guess
#10 of 16 Old 01-18-2007, 03:57 PM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJBBDOLL
Karen, people call Bailey a she and Payton a he all the time. When they ask me a question like "has she been sleeping well?" I will answer "yes, HE is sleeping fine" and then they usually appologize I should just let it slide but I just can't But, that is part of it when you use unisex names I guess
the nurse was talking to me and kept saying HE and i just thought she was referring to the person who was going to do the tests. I didn't realize she meant Peyton until the other receptionist told her its a SHE.
#11 of 16 Old 01-18-2007, 04:00 PM - Thead Starter

Well, you guys aren't here in person. They are there looking me straight in the eye and still getting it wrong no matter how often I correct them.

“

Euripides

”- John Barrymore “

#12 of 16 Old 01-18-2007, 04:33 PM
Addicted Member

The one I always hated is my daughter was head to toe pink and they would say awww what a precious litttle boy. Or how old is HE? I would say SHE is...
#13 of 16 Old 01-18-2007, 06:01 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 18
Likes Given: 1
i have beeb thinking it was Care ah too we will all get it right eventually

i agree though, if you have told them, they should get it soon!
#14 of 16 Old 01-18-2007, 09:45 PM

I thought it was Care-ah too. I like Cara (car-ah). Its very pretty.

Some people just don't get it. I thought between my two boys I'd have more problems with Zachariah (Zach-uh-ry-uh). He gets called Za-cary-ah. WTH??? And forget our last name. The boys and I all have a hyphenated last name of my maiden and my husband's name. But then Noah came along and I figured no worries b/c who hasn't heard of Noah. I get completely blank stares A LOT. They say "what???" No-al, No-aw, etc. I finally say, Noah, Like the ark and still I get the blank stares.
#15 of 16 Old 01-19-2007, 10:54 AM

Location: The Funny Farm, Where life is beautiful all the time...
Likes Earned: 10
Some people are just idiots. From what you are saying about your MD's office, I'd be finding another Doctor PRONTO. If they can't get names and things right then I'd have SERIOUS issue about their abilities to diagnose and prescribe appropriate meds and treatments. But that's just me.....

Oh, and my kiddos just have the classic spellings of their names.....Lauren and Ryan. People still ask me how to spell them. It's just how it goes anymore.....

Kim
DH Chris 8-6-94 **15 Years! **

"It takes 20 years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, you'll do things differently." Warren Buffett
Mom to Lauren 10/26/04 & Ryan 4/6/06 MC 3/22/07 Comet (10-5-09... RIP Bubba) Visit me @
&...

#16 of 16 Old 05-03-2007, 02:48 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jannie
The one I always hated is my daughter was head to toe pink and they would say awww what a precious litttle boy. Or how old is HE? I would say SHE is...
Yeah alot of people would ask me if Isaiah was a boy or a girl when he was clearly dressed all in boys clothes.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page