User Tag List

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 11-11-2012, 04:48 PM - Thead Starter

Likes Earned: 0
Likes Given: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hello Everyone! My hubby is Japanese and really wants our baby girl's first or middle name to be Japanese. Any suggestions??

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 11-13-2012, 04:51 AM

Likes Earned: 26
Likes Given: 12

Welcome to Baby U!  I'm afraid I don't know any Japanese names.  Would your dh like to name the baby after his mother, grandmother or a favorite aunt? 

“
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Euripides

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
”- John Barrymore “

#3 of 4 Old 11-26-2012, 01:12 PM

Likes Earned: 0
Likes Given: 0

OMG! My sister is married to a Japanese guy. They have a little girl whose middle name is Naomi. Naomi, is kind of after his mother, Narumi. He wanted to change the name a little, because he said in Japan they don't name kids after relatives. My sister said that there are some really popular names that sound almost American, like Ami (Amy), Naomi, Erika (Erica), Risa (Lisa). You could try something like that. Does your hubby have any ideas for names he likes?

---

Jen

http://www.youthworker.com/youth-ministry-resources-ideas/youth-ministry/programming/

#4 of 4 Old 11-27-2012, 12:14 PM

Likes Earned: 26
Likes Given: 12
My Micronesian niece is also named Naomi. I thought it was a Biblical name and that's where they got it. However, Biblical names are popular in many countries. I have been watching Japanamie with my kids and there is a character on the show named Natsumi which means summer in Japanese. I like that name, but my good Japanese friends have had American names except for one whose name was Akemi which means beauty in Japanese.

“

Euripides

”- John Barrymore “

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page