Transplanting round cover - BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews
User Tag List

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 04-20-2005, 10:58 AM - Thead Starter
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 0
Likes Given: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Has anyone tried to transplant ground cover???? Did it work for you?

I have been trying to think of something to put in the area out back that looks kind of bare. Well, yesterday, while I was mowing, I noticed the ground in the back and on the side of the house was covered with this green ground cover with little blue flowers. I haven't noticed it before because it wasn't blooming and I thought it was just grass. Well, it was growing in this rock hard soil, so I tried to transplant some of it. It had very short roots, so I didn't have to dig down too far. The area I wanted to transplant it to wasn't that great, but it was better soil than where it came from. But the roots are so shallow that I'm not sure it will work. I really hope it takes.

DH is going to till up part of the side yard for a little garden, and I'd like to take the ground cover that's there and transplant it before he tills all that up if this will work.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 04-20-2005, 10:59 AM - Thead Starter
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 0
Likes Given: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

That was supposed to say GROUND cover!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page