What's in your garden? - BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews
User Tag List

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 05-01-2006, 11:24 AM - Thead Starter
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 29
Likes Given: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Do you have a vegetable garden or just flowers?
Tell us what is in your garden.

Well, we dug up a space to use as a garden but the soil is terrible so I am container gardening right now. I have planted yellow wax beans, tomatos and carrots to start with. Plan on planting edible sunflowers and pumpkins as well if I can get the money for some more bags of soil.

I also planted lots of wildflower mix that attract hummingbirds and butterflys to fill in bare spots around the landscaping of the house. Also snapdragons and creeping phlox and some other things that I can't remember but smell really good
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 10 Old 05-01-2006, 12:14 PM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 0
DH has been talking about a vegetable garden for months, but he hasn't broke up the ground yet.

I planted roses along our fence. In the flower beds, I have tulips, hyacinth, and daffodils, which are starting to die down. I've got pansies, double petunias, coleus, hen & chicks, and something else I can't remember planted here and there, too. I have clematis planted by the mailbox, but the vines really aren't climbing like I expected them to.

Out back I don't have anything yet.
#3 of 10 Old 05-01-2006, 12:16 PM
Administrator

Likes Earned: 16
Likes Given: 2
Shane is talking about a veg. garden but hasn't done anything about it yet.

Elaine White

I'd love to be the ideal mother but I'm too busy raising my kids.

Haley Olivia 8-17-96 ~ Zachary Tyler 4-30-01 ~ Asher Mackenzie born an angel 2-26-03 ~ Brenna Grace 5-4-06

#4 of 10 Old 05-01-2006, 12:42 PM
Special Member

I want a veggie garden so bad, but I really don't have a good place to plant one! I'd love some tomatoes and zucchini, canteloupe, and corn!

Mike planted over 100 bulbs last fall which were mainly Tulips (gorgeous, but gone already) and some grecian wildflowers. I see my geraniums from last year are coming back, but I still need to plant some annuals ...probably petunias because I know they will grow without a problem. The stuff I really like (snapdragons, daisys, etc) just don't grow well for some reason. Oh yeah .. and I have some roses, but they aren't doing well this year. Sigh ...
#5 of 10 Old 05-01-2006, 12:44 PM - Thead Starter
Addicted Member

Ya know, my roses haven't bloomed yet either. I think it is because our weather was so weird this year. Got really warm really early and made things bud and then we had a frost. Usually my rose bushes are full of blooms by now.
#6 of 10 Old 05-01-2006, 12:46 PM
Special Member

The strange thing with mine ... the first year, they were huge and gorgeous, the second year as well. Last year, the blooms were actually smaller and didn't bloom nearly as much. This year, they are just pathetic. It's like they started out with a bang, then just went downhill from there. We thought maybe it had something to do with where they were planted, so Mike moved them last fall, which I'm sure is why there is a problem now. I may just have to buy some new ones this year because these look like they've had it.
#7 of 10 Old 05-01-2006, 12:47 PM - Thead Starter
Addicted Member

Yeah, I bet moving them is what did them in. That's too bad.
#8 of 10 Old 05-01-2006, 02:19 PM

Likes Earned: 10
What's in my garden?

A bunch of weeds!

We have some dandelions, daffodils, and tulips, some grass.. and some weeds.

I'd like to get all that pulled up this weekend and get better mulch down too.. we'll see..

~Robyn~
~Mommy to~
Austin & Dylan

Remember, You don't stop laughing because you grow old, You grow old because you stop laughing..
#9 of 10 Old 05-03-2006, 08:16 PM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 10
Likes Given: 1
I've got daffodills around the tree in the front yard (my mil planted them several years ago). Other than that nothing else. There are a couple of bushes (I think one is a lilac bush) out front.

I'd love to plant corn someday. My mom did it when I was younger but the squirrels kept getting to the corn.

I'd love to have a honeysuckle tree/bush at the new house (but not right next to the house because of the bees )
#10 of 10 Old 05-03-2006, 09:09 PM

Right now in my garden is strawberries, sugar snap peas, spinach & onion. Cause they can handle the frost if we get it.

After mother's day I will plant peppers, tomatos, zuccini, green beans, maybe watermelon more peas probably (DH loves them)

I love to do my garden, it not real big but still fun to have.

Then out front I have my flower beds too which right now have dead tulips in it but will soon have asters and vincas in it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page