Our landscaping really needs help - BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews
User Tag List

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 07-11-2007, 05:14 PM - Thead Starter
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 0
Likes Given: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Our back yard is a nice size and has privacy fence all the way around it. But there is NO color and no landscaping at all. I would like to put out something in the back to make it a little more inviting when we sit out there with Jonathan or just so I'm not looking at the fence when I look out the kitchen window. I've never had a place that just had absolutely NOTHING.

Out front there are holly bushes? in the bed in front of our front window, and also around a tree in front, but no flowers or anything else. Literally no color. Our neighbor mowed for us last week and said that we have a snake out there, so I don't want to go messing around out there and disturb him just yet. Maybe he's gone, but I don't want to tango with him because I don't know anything about the snakes native to this area. So, I think I'll stick to the back yard where I can see what's coming.

Anyhow. I would really like to have a bird feeder/bird bath with a few plants around it, but I'm debating putting it in one of the corners or out in the yard somewhere.

(I'll try to find the cord to hook the camera up and download the pictures of the house so you can see what I'm talking about).

What would you do with a totally clean slate?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 07-17-2007, 09:51 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 0
Likes Given: 0
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
I'd put in a flower bed against that back fence. Maybe add a bird bath, or some sort of garden statuary there. And either plant flowers there annually, or sprinkle wildflower seeds back there in the spring and see what you get. It's difficult in a rental, because sometimes you just can't do something permanent, you know?
#3 of 3 Old 07-18-2007, 02:39 PM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 10
Likes Given: 1
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I feel the same way about our landscaping. I haven't planted anything and we've been at our house for almost a year. I really hope to do something next spring.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page