#1 of 8 Old 08-23-2007, 05:05 PM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Likes Earned: 22
Likes Given: 15
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Oh my goodness!!!

Okay, so I had noticed that bees were going into the outer wall a couple of weeks ago. I didn't really think much about it, just that come fall the landlord would need to do something about it.

Well after today's incident with someone being on the property I wanted to close the Rolladen (think huge metal shutters that roll up into the wall) over the patio doors. So I pulled on the strap, nothing happened.... I pulled on several more times till I realize the bees on the outside of my house. I created a swarm, because apparently I was messing with their hive. They are mostly outside, but at this minute my dining room is blocked off because they are coming into the house too!!! There are at the moment around 8 bees (well that was 15 min ago, when I checked to see if the 2 that came in before I shut the room off had left) buzzing around in there. I have no bee spray... I am screwed!

I emailed my landlord and told him we had a problem and he needed to send someone ASAP. Hopefully he isn't traveling and actually sends someone quickly. Tomorrow I will take the girls with me when I go to post and we will stay on post till the Commissary opens and I can buy some bee spray.... Then I will come home and spray whatever ones are still in the house. I wish I knew where his phone number got put... I will look for it tommorrow.
Anyway so I have been doing research, and apparently the bees can damage the structure of the house. I didn't know this or I would have called him the minute I realized they had created a hive. AHHHHH! I'm not allergic btw, but none of the girls have ever been stung so I'm not sure about them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 8 Old 08-23-2007, 06:52 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 18
Likes Given: 1
there's just something about this time of year and the wasps and the bees
#3 of 8 Old 08-24-2007, 02:52 AM - Thead Starter
Special Member

well morning update... There are now more bees than I care to count in my dining room. I tried calling my landlord but the number wouldn't go through. I just found the country code for Austria and will try calling again.

#4 of 8 Old 08-24-2007, 09:14 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 0
Likes Given: 0
Oh yikes! How scary!! Hope you can get hold of him Is there anybody you can call on base for help?
#5 of 8 Old 08-24-2007, 09:22 AM - Thead Starter
Special Member

I will update in my journal...
#6 of 8 Old 08-24-2007, 11:38 AM
Addicted Member

Location: In a house with a bunch of walls, windows and doors
Likes Earned: 15
I hope that he send someone right away to get rid of them for you
#7 of 8 Old 08-24-2007, 03:19 PM

Likes Earned: 0
AMEN! We are also having a bee issue. Our weather got really cool this past week and we all the sudden started noticing yellow jackets all around our house. Every morning I find several in my family room and continue to find them all over the house the rest of the day. I even found two in my bed! Some are dead when I find them. I think I find about 10 a day in my house.

Our one cat is holding her paw so I think she may have been playing with one and got stung.

My biggest concern is our baby. He is 9 months and crawling everywhere. I am constantly looking all around the house for bees - and I find many on the floor - dead, or close to dead.

I just don't know what to do. We must have a nest somewhere and they are coming into our house, but where do you even begin to look?
#8 of 8 Old 08-24-2007, 04:48 PM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Well... They found a small hole into the masonry bricks and moved in. I would look for them at the end of the day and try to follow them back to the hive. That is when they are going home...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page