decorating a teen's room? - BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews
User Tag List

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 01-08-2005, 05:49 PM - Thead Starter

Likes Earned: 0
Likes Given: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My little sister will be coming to stay with us. Long story, but in a nutshell, she has nowhere to go.. it's either us or foster care. I'm in the process of finding a lawyer to attain custody. She is quite the troublemaker, but I attribute a lot of that to not having any upbringing..

Back to the room issue. I need to get this room painted, and bedding purchased before she gets here. It's a small room, off of my master bedroom (originally built as an extra bedroom for DH's grandmothers daughter) We had to buy a space heater and window unit air conditoner as it does not have central heat and air. Unfortunately, there is a deep freezer in there, in a small niche by the door. I plan on having DH make a shelf to go above it, for a TV (which will be bought later on, provided her attitude and grades are good) I need an idea for covering up the deepfreeze where I can still get inside it on rare occasions. Maybe make a fabric covering? The carpeting is red. Luckily she likes this. She wanted the walls black, so we compromised and agreed to paint the walls white, and the trim black. I'm thinking either a black bedspread, or a zebra print with some red accent pillows.

Anyone know of any good storage solutions? The main fault of this room is that it is small (about 11 1/2 feet by 7 feet) and has one small closet.

I could also use links to any websites pertaining to teen decor or storage solutions..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 01-09-2005, 09:32 AM

Likes Earned: 0
Likes Given: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
You could alway make or buy one of those small curtains (like the kind that go around bathroom sinks) to go around the freezer. And how about drawers or roll out storage bins underneath the bed for storage. Put a small cabinet in the closet for other stuff.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in