She has GOT to start sleeping - BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews
User Tag List

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 17 Old 09-14-2005, 04:41 AM - Thead Starter
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 12
Likes Given: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
through the night. I dont know how many more nights of this I can take. She was doing sooooo good. and now this - here it is 1:30 and she is up. She wants to hang out in bed and hang off my boobs while I get crap for sleep cause I have no bed spac and no where to put my arm. Then when she finally decideds to let go - its two hours later adn she has rolled herself side ways so she is kicking me and he head is burried in dad.

SO I put my foot down. NO MORE - I cant let her CIO cause she will wake Alyssa up. (their rooms are right next door) Thats what I did with Lys - I closed the door to her room and the door to my bedroom and all was quiet. (cause i couldnt hear her) and while i could do it for Kate - I would sacrifice Lyssa's sleep in the process.

SO here I am with Kate up at 1:30 - she was lying here cuddling wiht me - but has since decided to go about the living room to get into trouble.

I am beat and soooooo want to sleep. I guess the positive thing is lys has a dentist apt in the am that dad is taking her to so I can sleep in or go back to bed when they go for a few hours (her apt is at 9 in the Falls - so 30 mins there - adn 30 mintes back and then add in dentis time - hmmm I should get 2 hours of sleep.

I've thought about putting up the playpen here in the living room and then she could play in there and I could sleep (I could put cartoons on to mesmerize her little growing brain. )

I am just so tired - while she may not need to function - I DO in the morning. and right now the only way I will get more sleep is if I take her back to bed with me and THAT ISNT HAPPENING! She's too abusive to me.

OK - I think I'm gonna grab the playpen from the bedroom and set it up here in the living room and give her some quiet toys and see if I cant get some more sleep.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 17 Old 09-14-2005, 04:56 AM

Likes Earned: 0
I don't know what advice to give, because you seem to be trying everything.
Skye did the same till she was 4, then I put my foot down and said that she would be punished if she didn't stay in her bed ALL night. The first night she got up 3 times and as soon as she did, i forced myself up, grabbed her hand and marched her back to bed.
The difference was, that she was in her own room at the time and Briahnna and Jessica slept right through the tantrums.

I wish there were some words of wisdom to give you I hope someone can offer some advice
#3 of 17 Old 09-14-2005, 05:05 AM - Thead Starter
Addicted Member

Its ok - I just needed to vent. It could be cause teeth are trying to make their way in. I am just so frustrated cause she was napping and asleeping so well adn now this last week - she isnt napping hardly at all and at most I get 3 hrs of uninterrupted sleep before she is up yelling for me again.

#4 of 17 Old 09-14-2005, 05:15 AM

Maybe some infant Tylenol will get her to sleep through while she is teething?
#5 of 17 Old 09-14-2005, 06:59 AM
Special Member

Karen, bring her over, ill watch her for you.

try doing the playpen idea, i remember having to do that with Raymond. I would put in a dvd for him, Monsters Inc was his favorite movie around that age and he would fall asleep. If it is that she is teething, maybe the tylenol will work.
#6 of 17 Old 09-14-2005, 10:49 AM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 11
Ethan has been grumpy lately too, and I know it's 'cause of his other tooth cutting through...try some Hurricane teething tablets or gel, that should help some.
#7 of 17 Old 09-14-2005, 10:55 AM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 3
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I hope you can get some sleep.
#8 of 17 Old 09-14-2005, 11:14 AM - Thead Starter
Addicted Member

I put her to bed at 3:15 and by 3:30 she was up screaming - but as soon as she sees me shes ok. SO Im not sure its teeth. I let her scream til 4:15 (dad was not happy - it woke him up - but too bad - I needed some sleep) then I got her and let her hang in bed with me and we just got up at 8.

So I got some decent sleep despite haveing to be up in the middle of the night.
#9 of 17 Old 09-14-2005, 11:29 AM
Addicted Member

Trey has been up at least 3 times a week in the midddle of the night since he has been 9 months old. I know how you feel.
#10 of 17 Old 09-14-2005, 11:30 AM - Thead Starter
Addicted Member

She's playin in her playpen today. I am too sluggish to be able to watch her attently - at least til Lys gets back from the dentist.
#11 of 17 Old 09-14-2005, 11:44 AM
Addicted Member

If you close Lys room and maybe put a portable fan on to drown out the crying, would that help any? If you allow her to play and stay up, her body is going to adjust to that and you won't kick the habit. I would give her a bottle at night when she gets up and leave her in bed. I know they say don't do that, but I did and both boys seem as normal as boys can be. LOL

I feel for you!!
#12 of 17 Old 09-14-2005, 11:55 AM - Thead Starter
Addicted Member

Well Lys slept through Kate's screaming fit last night - so maybe she wouldnt wake up.

Kate doesnt take a bottle - IF I gave her one she would probably just scream louder
#13 of 17 Old 09-14-2005, 11:56 AM
Special Member

Karen - I went through the exact same thing with Delaney - EXACTLY. And... it turned out to be her teeth. If I went in and held her - she would be fine. The minute I laid her down - she freaked! She's be up for 2-4 hours in the middle of the night - wide awake. However, as soon as the next tooth popped through - she would go back to sleeping well. Waking up once to eat and right back to sleep.

I feel for you. I hope you get some rest today. And I hope it's just her teeth... and they pop through quickly!!
#14 of 17 Old 09-14-2005, 12:03 PM - Thead Starter
Addicted Member

she doesn normally play in the middle of the night. I just knew all she wanted was to sleep in bed with me hanging off of me and I want to cut it out (She can eat - But I KNOW she's not eating)

If its her teeth they had better pop quickly! I need sleep!
#15 of 17 Old 09-14-2005, 12:34 PM
Special Member

does she have her own room? maybe some soft jazz music would. help. i have that station playing nonstop in raymond room, it relaxes him and he actually sleeps better
#16 of 17 Old 09-14-2005, 12:38 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 18
Likes Given: 1
if Lys slept through it, i would be tempted to attempt cio, just to see how it works

good luck Karen
#17 of 17 Old 09-14-2005, 01:44 PM - Thead Starter
Addicted Member

Yeah - each girl has their own room for now (it will change should we have another)

She's fine as long as I am there - If she wakes up and I'm not there she flips out.

We'll play around this weekend when dad is gone cause I have no big plans and if she screams and wake Lys I can always let Lys sleep in my room and we can close the door

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page