My first OB appt 5/14 - BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews
User Tag List

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 05-16-2004, 03:14 PM - Thead Starter
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 11
Likes Given: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well I had my first OB appt Friday...man it was so exciting! The Dr told me though that I should try to stoop taking my Paxil, b/c newborns have been known to go through withdrawal after a bit...isn't that wild? Makes me feel like a druggie or something. So I thought about asking at my next appt if he thinks it'll be ok to keep taking it for most of my pregnancy and then the last couple months wean myself off of it, then go back on it when I have the baby. I'm telling ya, if I don't have my Paxil someone will be shot!
Anyways, the Dr said if I didn't want him to do a pelvic exam (I didn't since I had my Pap the end of March) that we could go ahead and do an ultrasound. Of course I said yes! He asked if I wanted to wait another day so someone could be with me, and I said no I wanted to do it now. I wanted to make sure the baby was doing well so far. Oh my lil peanut is so precious! I saw the heart beating right away, of ocurse that was the first thing I looked for. The heart rate was 152 BPM. I measured at 7 weeks 2 days I think, so that makes me 7 weeks 4 days today. He moved my date to the 28th of Dec, instead of the 26th like the nurse told me who did my labwork. It would be totally awesome to have the first baby of the new year, then we, I mean the baby will get all kinds of free stuff, like a brand new car!
My next appt is June 11th with the Dr that I dislike the most at that office. He's the one who when I had my miscarriage before i got pregnant with Rachelle said that it doesn't matter, it just means I can get pregnant What an a$$. And I hafta pay my co-pay for both that visit and the one I just had, since we were too broke for me to pay it this time
Oh well, y'all have a great week!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 05-16-2004, 03:20 PM

Location: The Funny Farm, Where life is beautiful all the time...
Likes Earned: 10
Glad you had a great first visit.

to that other MD! What a HORRIBLE thing for him to say.

Kim
DH Chris 8-6-94 **15 Years! **

"It takes 20 years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, you'll do things differently." Warren Buffett
Mom to Lauren 10/26/04 & Ryan 4/6/06 MC 3/22/07 Comet (10-5-09... RIP Bubba) Visit me @
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
&...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

#3 of 6 Old 05-16-2004, 03:33 PM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 0
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I'm glad your appt went so well!

#4 of 6 Old 05-16-2004, 03:52 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 1
Hey Becca,I was PUT on paxil when I was pregnant.I was told it would NOT do ANY harm and would be good for for post partum depression if any!
I guess every doctor has his own way!
#5 of 6 Old 05-16-2004, 03:55 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 0
Glad your appointment went well. Wouldn't the baby get some Paxil through your breastmilk anyway .. so you woulnd't be putting him/her through 100% withdrawl right
#6 of 6 Old 05-16-2004, 03:55 PM - Thead Starter
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 11
Yeah Tammy I'm pretty sure I'll hafta go back on it after I have the baby, if I don't no one will want to be around me, which really isn't too bad a thing to happen

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page