Why am I so paranoid? - BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews
User Tag List

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 14 Old 06-19-2003, 08:55 AM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Likes Earned: 1
Likes Given: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I don't know if I am being this way because Sarah is my last child,or what.I really do feel that something is not right with her.This child so so miserable!
It all started when I had my first ultrasound>>the tech seen cloroid plexus cysts.Then the hard posterior delivery,with the cord around the neck,and the distress.She was on oxygen for 10 hrs or so after.
Her hands have been open since birth,they only recently closed.She has put on very good weight,but she always acts like she is hungry!She crys ALL the time.ALL DAY unles she is nursing.I just don't get it.
Her legs and arms,epecially the legs have bad tremurs(sp?)>pediatrician said >>"nothing to worry about".....none of my other 3 ever did this.Now she has this bad habit of tipping her head(I know it sounds weird) to one side ALL the time.
I just don't know......is there something wrong with her?Or is it me?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 14 Old 06-19-2003, 09:08 AM
Addicted Member

Location: In a house with a bunch of walls, windows and doors
Likes Earned: 15
I would talk to your Dr about her head tipping to one side. That could be a sign on a week muscle....tha thappened to Liz (very mild)--I didn't notice it but the pediatrician did. he said to make sure we were always changing sides when we fed/held her.

Did you talk to your Dr about how she cries all the time???? If he isn't giving you any answers you are comfortable with maybe you can try going ot somone else???
#3 of 14 Old 06-19-2003, 09:52 AM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Michele,last night I checked on internet about the head tipping.Alot of the time it is a result of the baby being so far down in the pelvis before labor starts.Sarah's head is not an unusual shape though.It's just that when she is in her swing or stroller,her head is always to the 1 side.It looks like a kinked neck.
And the shaking I know is not right.I did find somewhere while I was looking it up,an assosiation with head tipping.Like I said , maybe I am just being paranoid with her.I'm not trying to find things wrong with her.it's just that this is my fourth child and I've never had a child like this before.

Two days ago,I walked downtown(a half hour walk usually) with her.She cried almost the whole way there and back!And it took me 3 hours.Yesterday I walked down again to drop some papers off,and there and back took me 4 and a half hours! I had to keep stopping to try to comfort her.

It doesn't help the fact that my bf's mother keeps saying that she crys so much because she is hungry! She isn't!I know when my child is hungry!Geeeez when I feed her more when she is like this,she just spits it back up.I've thought reflux.I don't know though much about it.
My doctor and the pediatrician are both kind of....OLD! Maybe I should try a younger doctor or ped,who maybe more (up to date) on things.

#4 of 14 Old 06-19-2003, 10:25 AM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 0
I would go to another doctor just to be on the safe side. There has got to be something you can do about the crying. Poor little one....

Poor mommy too, and poor kids, I am sure everyone is going crazy with that.
#5 of 14 Old 06-19-2003, 10:51 AM

I know logan would have trmors as his muscles started to relax after being cramped up for 9 months. I also remember reading someweher about the muscle thing Micele talked about and I think 1 of our Physical Therapy office even treated a baby for that.

I would deff switch to another Dr if for no other reason then they don't put your fears at ease for you. They may be right that this is all normal BUT you are not comfortable with thier explination and they do not seem like they want to take the time to explain it to you or go that extra to help you.

Becky
Wayne since 8/07~ almost a year! Who would have thought I would ever find my prince?

Samantha 4/19/95
Logan 10/9/01 Kia 9/10/98 Colby 3/28/01 I am a Motorcross Momma!!Enter to win BabyUniversity's
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Contest and a $25 GC!
#6 of 14 Old 06-19-2003, 11:48 AM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 11
If you're nursing her, and she's only a month old, it may not be that she's really "hungry" all the time, it could be a growth spurt and she's building up your milk supply! Issac was like that, too, and it subsided after a few months, so I wouldn't worry so much about that.
#7 of 14 Old 06-19-2003, 01:47 PM
Addicted Member

Hey here is a long stretch.....but did you smoke while you were pg???
#8 of 14 Old 06-19-2003, 01:59 PM - Thead Starter
Special Member

yes....why?

I've been doing some more reading on the inrternet...I really do think this is reflux,milk allergy or BOTH.
I am as of right now going to stop dairy products.And she is sleeping on her stomach right beside me where i can watch her.This baby is so tired.her eye lids are bright purple from no sleep and crying so much.I am going to try all I can.I have nothing to lose and all to gain.
#9 of 14 Old 06-19-2003, 02:09 PM

Likes Earned: 22
I would check with another doctor, just to be on the safe side. Even experienced doctors can miss things that someone else might catch.

~*~Brenda~*~
mom to Drew (16) High School At Last!
mom to Ally (10) 4th Grade, Baby! WooHoo!

Parenthood:  That state of being better chaperoned than you were before marriage.  ~Marcelene Cox  Sing out loud in the car even, or especially, if it embarrasses your children.  ~Marilyn Penland
#10 of 14 Old 06-19-2003, 02:32 PM
Addicted Member

Let me find the link for the article.....I heard a thing on the news about how smoking may cause the things your baby is going through.....someone posted it here on baby u
#11 of 14 Old 06-19-2003, 02:38 PM
Addicted Member

Here is the article...I will see if I can find another one somewhere
https://www.babyuniversity.com/forums...threadid=53216
#12 of 14 Old 06-19-2003, 03:41 PM

I would switch pediatricians and see if a fresh opinion can help!
#13 of 14 Old 06-19-2003, 11:26 PM

Likes Earned: 26
Likes Given: 12
Kate was like that too before we got her on reflux medication.

“
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Euripides

”- John Barrymore “

#14 of 14 Old 06-19-2003, 11:38 PM

The head to one side thing.....Nicholas did that too....they thought he may have Herbs Palsey (sp?) caused from distress during delivery.....it is weak or pulled muscles in the neck. It healed fine

I would definately think about switching doctors!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page