Has anyone had their tubes tied?..... - BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews
User Tag List

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 12 Old 09-20-2003, 11:20 AM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Likes Earned: 1
Likes Given: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I really have to get this done.I am a little worried about what to expect.I haven't talked to the doctor yet.I plan on soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 12 Old 09-20-2003, 11:25 AM

Likes Earned: 0
I haven't yet but am calling on monday.
In Ct it is a one day deal. You go in in the am and leave in the afternoon.
The do it laproscopically(sp?) so there is no large incision. They will snip the tube and then quarterize ( burn) the ends before tying them.

You are supposed to rest for a day or 2 I believe so it is best to plan on having family or friends around to help out. I hopw this helps a little.
#3 of 12 Old 09-20-2003, 11:49 AM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Gee maybe I should get this done while I am getting the plate and pins out of my shoulder..LOL (not really!)

#4 of 12 Old 09-20-2003, 03:39 PM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 11
Sometimes they will put bands around your tubes, so that sperm can't get through...there's a very slim chance that an egg could pass through.
#5 of 12 Old 09-20-2003, 03:49 PM

I have not yet but will when I have this baby.
#6 of 12 Old 09-20-2003, 03:50 PM

Oh I think Dawn had her tubes tied..you might ask her if you have any questions.
#7 of 12 Old 09-22-2003, 01:00 AM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Thanks ev 1.
#8 of 12 Old 09-22-2003, 10:35 PM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 11
I've had my tubes tied, around 10 years ago now. They made a tiny insiscion(sp) on my bikini line and another in my belly button. I was in and out in under 4 hours, I rested the rest of the day (Des stayed home and looked after the little ones as they were only about 16 months old at the time) but the next day Des went to work and I looked after the twins all day by myself. No heavy lifting i.e. baskets of wet laundry, dry loads were ok. After a few days I felt same as always. But I did watch what I lifted for a few weeks as I wanted to make sure I didn't pop off the clips or accidently reattach those tubes

They asked did I want clips, or cauterisation, I told them to clip, cut and burn, bc if this failed I was coming back to give them all a vasecetomy with my finger nails I guess they took me seriously.

I love not having to take any form of contraception, they all had side affects (or failed, and I have the twins to prove it ) If you know in your own heart and mind you have had enough children it is the best thing, I am so grateful I had mine done.
#9 of 12 Old 09-22-2003, 10:43 PM
Special Member

LOL Maree -- TJ was a condom baby I keep saying the 'T' in "TJ" really stands for Trojan

I had my tube tied with the last c-section. I also threatened bodily injury should I become pregnant again, so he even tied off my little stub of a tube that he removed a few years ago.

They were snipped, then double knotted.

Since it was part of a c-section, I probably can't offer much advice. I was already in surgery, already in pain, and already doped up, so I had plenty of time to recover.

But I can tell you that I could feel it and it actually was more uncomfortable than the incision (just for a few days - crampy and sore).

If I can answer questions, feel free to ask, but again, not sure I can tell you much about the procedure since mine was done during a c-section!
#10 of 12 Old 09-23-2003, 01:56 AM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Thanks for the advice.I talked to someone who had it done just a couple weeks ago.Maree,it sounds the same as you had done.I would really like to get it done with,but I wonder how many times more this year I will be in a hospital. spent more time this year, then in my whole life at one.
#11 of 12 Old 09-23-2003, 12:21 PM

Hi everybody. I'm new and have really been enjoying the posts. And this one came up just when I too have been thinking about getting my tubes tied but I am a bit of a chicken. But I have to do something I have just stopped taking the pill to see if my migraines got any better. I have only been off a month and low and behold no migraines. It has been wonderful. Dawn you scared me. My husband and I have been using condoms since I went off. Do they make extra strength?
#12 of 12 Old 09-26-2003, 05:03 PM

well i can honestly say that i had my tubes tied after james

which hasent been that long ago i am glad i did it yes it hurts i gave birth in two hrs got up walked around did as if i had not even given birth but after the sugery i could barely breath w/o hurting and remember i had given birth with almost no pain meds they gave them but didnt have time to work very well

what they forget to tell u is that they make the incision in ur belly button then move it from side to side they fill u with air or something to bring the tubes to where they can reach them but that little bitty hole they strech it but they gave me motrin and it worked great seing as how u are doing it after the fact they may give u something stronger but just remember the entubate u and that makes ur throat hurt from what im told now if u have a epidural like u get when u have a c section they dont entubate u i miss not being able to have a baby agian but it is what is best for me and my family

REMEMBER EVERY EXPERIENCE IS DIFFERENT YOURS WILL BE TOO YOU MAY NOT HURT AS BAD AS I DID THIS IS JUST THE WAY I PERCEIVED IT I WISH U LUCK WITH WHAT EVER U DECIDE BUT TRUST ME I HAD JAMES SLEEPWITH ME SO I DIDNT HAVE TO GET UP AND DOWN AS MUCH

GOOD LUCK WITH WHAT U DECIDE

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page