Destiny 2month checkup - BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews
User Tag List

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 05-11-2006, 06:50 PM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Likes Earned: 0
Likes Given: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

yesterday was her first Dr appt. She weighs 13 pounds and the dr said she was taller for her age. She saw how well she is eating and even suggest i started her on cereal and one fruit or orange vegetable. She said in one oz of formula it has 30 cal. and one jar of food has 30 cal. i dont know anything about that but she said it would be fine to start her on that. so i think the cereal first. Destiny has alil redmark on her pinkie. its suppose to be a birthmark. some people has told me that it looks like a strawberry forming. i have seen kids with that marking on their face. so i was concerned in that. other than that, poor babygirl got 5 shots and i felt so bad when she cried. all i wanted to do was hold her and comfort her.

Raymond first dentist appt was yesterday and that didnt go to well. he went ballastic!!! he was kicking and screaming. they had to strap him in. the good news he has no cavitites ive been really hard about drinking soda and eating candy. i give him candy but i make sure hes teeth are brushed, day and night.

I just got back from Ross and bought some pic albums and a pair of new sunglasses for myself. i have 2 bins of photos i need to put in albums. ray should be coming home and im in the mood for enchiladas. i know nothing but carbs but i havent had it forever
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 05-12-2006, 12:58 PM
Advanced Member

Grr...I was just trying to reply to you and the page restarted. ****...lemme start over.

You better behave on The South Beach diet! Hehe. I don't think enchiladas is part of it.

I can feel you on the shots though. I hate the shots part of any appointment but thankfully Isaiah doesn't get very upset when they stick him. Only on the last shot he gets mad. Haha.
#3 of 5 Old 05-12-2006, 02:17 PM

Glad your kids are doing well! I could go for enchiladas too. Ugh, I took a pork roast out of the freezer so I'm stuck with that.

Here's a tip about shots...I read in Prevention Magazine that sugar acts as a pain reliever for babies. It's why they give sugar water or something called sweeties on a paci for circumcisions. Anyway, it recomended giving on teasoon (1 packet) of sugar mixed with 2 oz of warm water in a bottle during the time the baby is getting their shots. We tried it with Zach and it worked! He didn't even seem to be bothered. Start giving it a few minutes b/f they actually get the shots. Zach was buckeled in and sleeping in his carseat b/f we made it back to the front desk. I swear by it. It works less and less as they get older though.

#4 of 5 Old 05-12-2006, 02:24 PM

Location: The Funny Farm, Where life is beautiful all the time...
Likes Earned: 10
Glad things are going well!!

WTG Raymond! No cavities!!

Kim
DH Chris 8-6-94 **15 Years! **

"It takes 20 years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, you'll do things differently." Warren Buffett
Mom to Lauren 10/26/04 & Ryan 4/6/06 MC 3/22/07 Comet (10-5-09... RIP Bubba) Visit me @
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
&...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

#5 of 5 Old 05-14-2006, 03:50 AM - Thead Starter
Special Member

THANKS Abby! ill have to try that next visit. I gave her some infant tylenol so she wont get a fever. Poor babygirl just has lil swollen thighs for the shots. Britney, i know, im so bad.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in