im always having bad luck for other people mistakes!! - BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews
User Tag List

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 12 Old 01-10-2007, 03:58 PM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Likes Earned: 0
Likes Given: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

oka sooo it was finalized yesterday!! we got the house!! very happy with it! so we went to sign the pprwork last night and this morning i called my apt complex to tell them that we wont be renewing our lease next month and well be out of this apartment by the end of this month... sooo she tells me that our lease ends this month and since i didnt give a 30 day notice we will have to liable for next month as well.. so that just irrated me. i told last month i called to confirm my last date and was told it was Feb. she told me that theyve never said that, i asked her is this amy.. the manager she said yes i said you were gone the whole month of december and whomever you had covering for you had tolden us that. sooo she was beating around the bush about that its stated clearly in our lease pprs which i need to obtain a copy of. i said well she said it was feb not jan. soo it was a match over the phone. i hate representing myself in that character but its like oka first you guys lost our check for rent in november than our date was given wrong to us.. ...

so i guess 1100 will be thrown down the drain for nothing. pisses me off!!

i know i should have this posted under RANT.. well my day has started crappy already. i guess i should just be happy that were leaving this place. she had the nerve to tell me that we checked the renewing box for renewing our lease for another 12 months. i dont think soooo anyone can just mark and X and it will look the same.

anyways, im outta here!! no more apt drama!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 12 Old 01-10-2007, 04:31 PM
Addicted Member

Location: In a house with a bunch of walls, windows and doors
Likes Earned: 15
That is great that you got your house....but it sucks that you have to pay for that one month....BUT at the same time....the apt. is yours for that one more month...so take your time packing, moving and unpacking. We did that and it made the move a bit easier on us. We did end up rushing our move a bit....BUT only because my mom came out and she watched the kids while we did the moving.
#3 of 12 Old 01-10-2007, 04:35 PM
Special Member

Congrats on the house, but sorry to hear about the apt. Unfortunately, there's probably not much of a way around it. So you might as well take advantage of it!

Michele has a good point. The one thing that I always wished we would have done before moving was go ahead and paint the walls before we had all the furniture in here! It would have been so much easier to not have to worry about covering it up!

So if you were planning to paint, now's the time to do it!

#4 of 12 Old 01-10-2007, 05:05 PM
Addicted Member

That bites!
#5 of 12 Old 01-10-2007, 05:14 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 18
Likes Given: 1
Congratulations on your new house!!

i would take you time moving as well. for sure make sure that the landlady cannot rent the appartment out any earlier
#6 of 12 Old 01-10-2007, 05:34 PM
Addicted Member

Location: In a house with a bunch of walls, windows and doors
Likes Earned: 15
heck you can even take your time to clean the place and make sure its "good enough (hopefully)" for your psycho landlady so you can get your deposit back
#7 of 12 Old 01-11-2007, 09:12 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 22
Likes Given: 15
#8 of 12 Old 01-11-2007, 09:42 AM - Thead Starter
Special Member

that is very very true ladies, i should look at the bright side of it. i just saw how much they charge for appliances uncleaned its like 30.00 for the blinds to be uncleaned and 50.00 for oven im like ****... i guess ill need that xtra time. i just cant wait to get all settled in. no more upstair neighbors!!
#9 of 12 Old 01-11-2007, 11:13 AM
Addicted Member

That stinks!

Do you have a copy or your contract?
#10 of 12 Old 01-11-2007, 08:58 PM - Thead Starter
Special Member

i know i do filed away i just have to dig it up.. but as i was reading the copy of the lease agreement.. key word is give AT LEAST 60 days i gave more than half.. so they shouldnt play like that with me.
#11 of 12 Old 01-11-2007, 09:11 PM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 3
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Congratulations on the house!
#12 of 12 Old 01-11-2007, 09:28 PM

Likes Earned: 26
Likes Given: 12
Congratulations on your new house! That really sucks the way the manager acted. I'm glad you'll soon be away from that place.

“
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Euripides

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
”- John Barrymore “

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in