Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 09-19-2004, 05:47 PM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Likes Earned: 0
Likes Given: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yep - it's raining. Yesterday it was in the mid-80's, and now it's raining cats and dogs. What the heck?!? And I think I just heard thunder...

This morning, I cleaned up the kitchen, unloaded the dishwasher, and then cleaned upstairs -- made beds, vacuumed, folded laundry. I opened up all the windows, to let some of the fresh breeze in, since it was cool outside. DH got to thinking "It looks like it might rain" and started moving things so they wouldn't get wet. Good thing he started when he did - within 15 minutes, it was POURING!

Last week, MIL went by the local 99 Cent store, and found 5-pound bags of peeled garlic cloves. For 99 cents! I had her buy me one, and I spent yesterday crushing, roasting, and freezing garlic (so my house REALLY needed to be aired out ) I crushed about 20 cloves and divided them up into small portions to freeze. Then I took about 80 of them, cut the hard end off, split them up into 12 muffin tins, dabbed with a little vegetable oil, and roasted them for 1 hour at 375 degrees. Oh, YUMMY!!!! I mashed up the roasted garlic, and put half into a small container, then mixed some butter and herbs into the other half and put it into a small container. The rest I put into the freezer whole. I may not need to buy garlic for a year!

Now, I'm just lounging. I think I may chase off to this new discount store we got an advertisement for. I'll let you know how that turns out, if I go.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 09-20-2004, 01:05 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 2
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
So, didja check on the new place ?
#3 of 6 Old 09-20-2004, 02:22 PM

Likes Earned: 26
Likes Given: 12
That's a lot of garlic! But garlic is so good for you. I hope it stops raining soon. We were supposed to get tons of rain after Ivan, but only got a day and a half of light showers.

“
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Euripides

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
”- John Barrymore “

#4 of 6 Old 09-20-2004, 02:34 PM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Lisa, I went out there, but found that they'd closed early for some reason. I'll probably try again in the next couple of days.
#5 of 6 Old 09-20-2004, 03:49 PM
Special Member

Ya it rained her yesterday. My DH was so cold he actually tired to put the heater one aleady, but the pilot light was out.
#6 of 6 Old 09-20-2004, 07:11 PM

Likes Earned: 22
Lupe, I have plenty of heat here in TX that I would be happy to send you! It hit 101F again today. Can't wait for it to start cooling down. The electric bills are killing me. Last month's was $491.00!

~*~Brenda~*~
mom to Drew (16) High School At Last!
mom to Ally (10) 4th Grade, Baby! WooHoo!

Parenthood:  That state of being better chaperoned than you were before marriage.  ~Marcelene Cox  Sing out loud in the car even, or especially, if it embarrasses your children.  ~Marilyn Penland

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page