#1 of 8 Old 11-27-2004, 02:15 AM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Likes Earned: 0
Likes Given: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thank Goodness It's Over!

Turkey day went off great, with only one small hitch - as we all sat down to the table and started passing around dishes, my mother-in-law asked me where the mashed potatoes were. Would you believe, I FORGOT!!! Yes, my house was spotless, the turkey perfect, the stuffing delicious, the gravy divine... but there were NO MASHED POTATOES. I could hardly believe it. The upside is that it was one less thing for me to put away after the meal, but still...

Afterward, I put on the tea water, fired up the coffee pot, and DH chased off to the corner store to pick up Coke, so I could wow everyone with my Long Island Iced Tea. I made 4 - one each for me, DH, my SIL and my FIL. Then we all sat down and watched Gone With The Wind. We recorded it to DVD, so we have it for posterity, too. And, of course, we let the recorder handle things while we brought the little TV down from upstairs so we could all watch Survivor (SIL is as addicted as we are ) Gone With The Wind was over at 9m, so then SIL and niece drove home, and all was quiet. We reviewed ads, setting our plan of attack for today, and discovered that there was little need for us to chase out before sunrise, which was good, because between the wine with dinner, the Long Islands, general sleep deprivation, and cough medicine for DH and Aleve for me, we slept VERY soundly - I slept until almost 9:30am!!

Oh, and the other negative of the day was this -- BIL had a verbal agreement with his former girlfriend that he would have their daughter for Thanksgiving this year. Mind you, I think her mom's had her for nearly every holiday since she was born (even when she and BIL were together) - I seem to recall one Thanksgiving she spent with us. Anyhow, she and BIL worked out this verbal agreement a couple weeks ago. Tuesday, he went by the daycare to pick her up, and was told that her mother had already picked her up (he usually gets her Tuesday afternoons). So he started trying to reach the woman by phone - no luck. Thursday morning, he drove across town to her house, hoping to pick up his daughter, as they'd agreed. She sends her current boyfriend out to the curb, to tell him that he can't have his daughter - she changed her mind. How rude is that??? Not only did she not have the common courtesy to call and tell him she'd changed her mind, but she doesn't even have the huevos to tell him herself when he drives all the way over there? Admittedly, she does have full custody, and visitation is not set in stone or anything, but how much effort does it take to call him and say you've changed your mind? Sheesh.

Joey was heartbroken that his cousin didn't come, because we had told him she was. He went up to his room and cried for 15 minutes. MIL was so angry that she wrote a fairly scathing letter to the woman today. It probably won't make any difference, but if it makes MIL feel better, then it's a good thing. Unfortunately, BIL seems to have completely given up the fight - he just pays his child support every month (which is a completely insane amount, IMO - especially considering that she pulls crap like this).

Anyhow, I'm still exhausted, and I gotta get munchkin to bed before 10pm tonight. Seeya!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 8 Old 11-27-2004, 02:20 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 18
Likes Given: 1
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
i'm glad it is all over for you

no mushed potatoes eh? sounds like something i would do..

mine was no wine glasses... they weren't even unpacked yet
#3 of 8 Old 11-27-2004, 08:11 AM

Likes Earned: 26
Likes Given: 12
to Joey and your BIL. That was really rude. I'm glad you had a good time otherwise.

“
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Euripides

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
”- John Barrymore “

#4 of 8 Old 11-27-2004, 08:56 AM

Your BIL needs to go to court and get stuff set in stone. I think that was pretty rotten of that lady to do that!

I love Long Island ice teas...you should send me the recipe!
#5 of 8 Old 11-27-2004, 05:09 PM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
I sent that Long Island recipe on its way. Meagan (at least I think I did)! Enjoy!
#6 of 8 Old 11-27-2004, 11:25 PM
Special Member

Yes, thank goodness it's over...
#7 of 8 Old 11-29-2004, 12:14 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 2
I would get the visitation set in stone if I was your bil
#8 of 8 Old 12-04-2004, 12:54 AM
Special Member

I can't believe you forgot the mashed potatoes. I'm glad your turkey day went well. I can't believe your BIL didn't get his daughter. Sounds like he needs to go back to court to get a better deal so he can see her more.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page