Where Did My Day Go?? - BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews
User Tag List

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 01-17-2005, 04:14 AM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Likes Earned: 0
Likes Given: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
The day started with me getting up around 10am, and getting busy getting ready to go to a birthday party to which Joey had been invited. We bought the gift last night - the I Spy Memory Game - and I wrapped it this morning. While Joey was in the tub, I folded and put away three loads of laundry, and as soon as he got out, he got nice, warm, dryer-toasty clothes He just loves that. Then I quickly showered, dressed, had Joey write out a birthday card (because I forgot to buy one), and off we went. It was a great party - the kids had ham and cheese sandwiches, potato salad, green salad, and every type of snack chip imaginable, as well as some fruit and drinks. For the grown-ups, they BBQ'd chicken and steaks - After cake was presents, and after that - 3 pinatas! Joey got a whole bunch of stuff. He was just tickled! Of and of course, they had the obligatory jump house, which we had a hard time getting the kids out of.

The party ran a little long, so I went directly over to my mom's house afterward. Mom finished taking in Joey's pants for the wedding, and even hemmed them for me. Then for my pants, she showed me how to do it myself (it's something I want to learn, after all). So all in all, we shortened my pants, shortened and took in Joey's pants, and took in the vest he's going to be wearing. All I have left to do is serger some seams, press Joey's pants and vest, and take my suit to the cleaners, and we'll be ready for the wedding next weekend. DH is taking us to the airport late Friday morning, and picking us up at 1:30 Sunday morning (gotta love those red-eye flights).

I'll be sure and take bunches of pictures. And, as the buying went, we ended up with two suits for Joey (he's wearing the jacket and pants from one, and the vest, shirt and tie from the other for the wedding), so I don't have any more shopping to do for the cruise. Oh, and since I couldn't find white tux shoes for him at a reasonable price, I found a perfect pair of white tennies. I'll probably keep those after the wedding and cruise - they should fit him a while longer, I think.

Well, off to look for more auction sites!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 01-17-2005, 07:27 AM

Likes Earned: 0
Likes Given: 0
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
You got a lot done for one day! How do you manage to sleep in until 10??? Lucky lady!!!
#3 of 3 Old 01-17-2005, 09:44 AM

Likes Earned: 26
Likes Given: 12
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sounds like a great party! I'm glad to hear about the healthy food. I hope that is a new trend that stays. My sister ate so much candy and cake at one party, she puked an entire day afterward. (I thought it was kind of funny, because I wasn't invited. ) I have not been looking forward to the major sugar rushed child. Have fun at the wedding!

“
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Euripides

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
”- John Barrymore “

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in