Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 10-01-2005, 11:46 PM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Likes Earned: 0
Likes Given: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I saw some signs for this event today, the 13th Annual Dulles Plane Pull, and we decided it would be a good way to spend a day, since we haven't really had much 'play' time since we arrived, with every day being spent with unpacking and organizing. So this morning, I packed up some water, some fruit, and the cameras, and off we went.

We got there, and found that in addition to the Plane Pull, they were having a children's school bus pull, too, so Joey signed up for that. Got a free T-shirt, too. We had about a half-an-hour before there were enough kids on his team to participate (they needed 12 kids to sign up), so he got to check out a couple of fire trucks, and play a couple of games and win a couple of little prizes (a frisbee, some candy, nothing huge). Then we wandered back over to the buses just in time for him to meet up with his team and get lined up. I got the pull itself on tape - those 12 kids (ages 5-8 years) pulled a big school bus 12 feet in 12.72 seconds. We checked out some of the other things, too - watched a couple of the teams of plane pullers do their thing, checked out a FedEx plane, some Cessnas, etc. then went back to check the standings at the bus pull. Joey's team got beat out by another team of 5-8 year olds, who managed the feat in 12.60 seconds. Darn - so close! But he took the loss well. By that time, adults were doing the bus pull - 2 men per team. Of course, the bus driver had an evil streak, I guess - she 'accidentally' left her foot on the brake for one team.

Anyhow, so we left the event, drove over to a local park, and Joey played for about 30 minutes or so - long enough to exchange phone numbers with a little girl there. Boy, I'm going to have my hands full when he's a teenager, aren't I? Then we came home, DH worked on more boxes, and I ended up falling asleep in the chair for a few hours.

Now I've got a couple of Long Islands under my belt, so I expect I'll sleep well tonight, too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 10-02-2005, 12:08 AM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 29
Likes Given: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Sounds like a wonderful family day Judy Sleep well

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page