Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 06-25-2006, 12:52 PM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Likes Earned: 0
Likes Given: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well, I actually am getting some more sewing done on my soon-to-arrive niece/nephew's ("Sprout, as Yammie calls it) outfit. I just have to get snap tape in, the sleeves and collar sewn on, then do the embroidery and finish the hems. So I guess today I have to do the pretreatment on my embroidery floss, too.

After that, I have at least two more sewing projects I want to do - I have a really cute pair of capri jeans that are too long for me (they don't look like capris - they look like pants that are about 2 inches too short ), so I'm going to shorten them and embellish them a little - haven't decided how yet. Then I want to have a go at making a pair of shorts with the cool fabric I bought. It's denim, one piece that's white with brown stars, and one that's brown with white stars. If I have enough, I'll do the shorts in the brown with white stars, and the cuffs, waistband, and pockets in the white with brown. Keep your fingers crossed on that one.

If I can do those, then I have a dress that I'd like to do some embroidery on, as well, if I have time. I have the transfers, the stabilizer, and the threads - I just have to knuckle down and do it, but I promised myself no sewing for me until at least one of the Sprout outfits was finished (I'm actually making both a little shorts romper and a little dress romper, since I don't know what I need).

It's pouring today, but if it stays dry tomorrow, I told DS we'll do some tie-dye on the white shirts I bought him earlier in the month. The local Hancock fabrics had their cold-water dye on clearance, so I bought a variety of colors. I also picked up a few x-large onesies for Sprout that I'll be tie-dying, too. All primary colors so either a niece or nephew could wear them with pride!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 06-25-2006, 01:11 PM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 29
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sounds like a fun day! Post pictures when you are finished!
#3 of 3 Old 06-25-2006, 01:13 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 10
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Have a great day sewing!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in