Black Friday Burnout - BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews
User Tag List

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 11-24-2006, 09:20 PM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Likes Earned: 0
Likes Given: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Well, I got up at 4:30 this morning, to hit the internet and see what of the items I wanted I could order. I managed to order a couple of things from CompUSA, which saved me a trip in the completely wrong direction, as it turned out.

I looked at Walmart, and though I could have gotten the item I wanted, the shipping was $12 (this was the portable DVD player I wanted - nearly an additional 25% in shipping). So I passed on that, and there was no way I was going to Walmart today. Then I checked Sports Authority to see if I could get the pool table we wanted online. I could, but the shipping was even crazier - the price of the item was $199 (a savings of $300), and shipping was also $199!! So, I decided that I should just go out there and pick the silly thing up. I grabbed a few other ads (Staples, Michaels, etc), made a very sleepy DS get dressed, and off we went. I managed to get in and out of Sports Authority in under 15 minutes, and told them I'd come back to have them load the table after I finished at Staples.

We went over to Staples, first to get the free-after-rebate laminating machine. The first employee I asked sent me toward the back of the store to look for it. The second employee didn't know where they were. So I went up to a customer who was standing in the very long line, and asked where he'd gotten his. He said, "Well, I don't really want this after all, so you can take it." Lucky for me, because they were out of them, apparently.

So we work our way into the very long line. While walking this line which threaded all through the store, I also found a spindle of DVD-R's, and a new office chair for DH. DS was very happy about the chair, because it meant he got to ride in the chair instead of walking. The wait in line at Staples was about 1.5 hours , but we got what we needed/wanted. Then I went back over to Sports Authority, and they loaded the pool table in, and helped me get the chair in on top of it, even.

Then we chased over to Michael's (at this point, it was already 8:40). Now, last year when I went to Michael's, there was an employee at the door who would stamp your coupon (good from 6am to 9am) so you could shop past 9am and still get the deal. They didn't do that at this store - I had just finished looking at some of the craft stuff, when they announced that all customers who wanted their coupon honored had to go to the registered RIGHT THEN. I told the cashier that had they done the stamp thing, the store could probably have gotten another $15 -$20 out of me, but no such luck if they're gonna rush me out of the store.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 11-24-2006, 09:40 PM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 11
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I tried to get to Michael's this morning but the traffic there was HORRIBLE!
#3 of 6 Old 11-24-2006, 09:45 PM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Likes Earned: 0
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Traffic getting there wasn't too bad, but I had to park practically in the next time zone. Of course, this Michael's shares a parking lot with Target, Circuit City, and Toys R Us, so I sort of expected that. I almost parked across the street at Costco.

Well, I managed to lose part two of this post, so here it is again:

After Michaels, we went to a shop called Five Below. It's kind of a higher-end dollar store, except instead of prices being $1 or less - you guessed it - prices are $5 and less. We picked up all three Blade movies for my stepbrother for $5 each. After that, because DS had been such a good sport all morning, I took him to breakfast at Friendly's (also in that lot). He had a cheese quesadilla and a scoop of black raspberry ice cream. I had coffee, coffee, eggs,bacon, french toast, coffee, two scoops of ice cream, and more coffee.

After Friendly's, we started home. I realized on the way that I promised Yammie I pick up a couple things for her at Kohl's, so we made a slight detour and went there. I got her stuff, and got DS a pair of pants, and myself a couple bras (on sale for half price, plus there was a buy-two-get-one-free-by-mail deal on them ) Then we came home.

We arrived just a few minutes before DH came home for lunch, so when he arrived, we got the pool table box out of the van. As it's pretty heavy (I'm sure you can imagine), we decided to take all the pieces out of the box and take them in individually. That was fine, until we got to the actual table top - one side of it was crushed, apparently by a forklift, is my guess. So I called Sports Authority, and they agreed to let me bring back just to broken part for replacement. So we reloaded that part into the van, I left DS with DH, and I returned it. No problems - in and out fairly quickly. I made it back just in time for DH to return to work without being late.

I spent the next hour or so taking down my sewing table, filling out on-line rebates, and trying to somehow organize the area where the pool table is going to live.

When DH got home from work, we spent the next hour or so setting up the pool table. It's a tight fit, but we'll manage. DS is slowly learning the ins-and-outs of pool. He'll be hustling in no time.

Well, I'm whooped. I'm thinking about hitting the hay, shortly. Catch you ladies tomorrow!

#4 of 6 Old 11-25-2006, 02:27 AM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 29
Wow girl, you had one busy day! I can't believe that Joey stayed in that long arse line with you! My kids would have been driving me crazy the entire hr n a half!
Sounds like you got some really great deals! I can't believe that laminating machine was FREE! What an awesome buy!!
Hope you get to relax tomorrow
#5 of 6 Old 11-25-2006, 09:23 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 10
wow... made me tired just looking at it!! Glad you got some good deals!!
#6 of 6 Old 11-25-2006, 01:44 PM

Likes Earned: 26
Likes Given: 12
Sounds like you had a great day! We have one of those inexpensive combo tables, I am sure dd will love when she is Joey's age.

“
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Euripides

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
”- John Barrymore “

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page