Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 04-05-2007, 11:17 AM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Likes Earned: 0
Likes Given: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well, I'm more and more believing of the concept that this is a serious allergic reaction to something. Now my ears are all full of fluid, and my throat is getting sore. The "tight turtleneck" feeling is still there, but not as bad. I'm going to call the doctor's office this afternoon to find out about xray results (and see if they ever got the results from the thyroid ultrasound I had a week ago), and if everything is good, find out what I can take for allergies (with the BP meds and such, I want the doctor to tell me what is safe to take). I told DH it may just be that while I was on the Prednisone for the week, something that I'm not normally allergic to got to me, as Prednisone depresses the immune system a bit. Yet another reason to not want to be stuck with that drug again.

My plan for the day is to help DS deep-clean his room, gather up toys and cothes to donate, then we'll go over to the local thrift. I told DS we were going, and he couldn't buy ANYTHING unless we took at least one bag of toys to donate, too. He's happy with that idea, and I'd love to be able to see the floor in his room again so we all win.

Tonight and tomorrow I want to work on taxes some more. Ours take a while, and I'd like to have it down to "all done except things that need research" by Monday. That will give DH a week to work out any stock-trading problems I run into (my name's not on that account, so I can't get that info myself).

We had planned on taking a load of furniture and excess stuff up to our place in New England over Easter, but Mother Nature appears to have other plans, as it is snowing up there from now til after Easter. So we will do that run later in the month, maybe.

And I have GOT to get some housework done. Now that I can breathe a little better, I no longer have an excuse (except that I'm, admittedly, chronically lazy ) So I'll clean the kitchen, and get at least one load of laundry started with DS is cleaning (some of it he can do with minimal supervision).

Off to work!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 04-05-2007, 03:56 PM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 0
Likes Given: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I wish they'd find out what you had the reaction too, that's worrisome! Glad things are getting better for you. We need to deep clean the boys' bedrooms too but I just don't have the energy and George would just rather they stay the way they are than actually help the kids.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in