Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 11-16-2007, 10:16 AM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Likes Earned: 0
Likes Given: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yeah, I've been lurking almost daily, but never get around to posting anything here in my journal. So here goes:

The house is now about 90% unpacked and put away. I've been Freecycling stuff and taking stuff to the local thrift nearly weekly, trying to get rid of some of the excess crap we have laying around. I'm all for decor, but there's a fine line between decor and clutter, KWIM? We've been hanging pictures and art on the walls, and it's actually starting to feel like home.

For my DAR meeting in December, I volunteered to make up centerpieces for the tables. I should only need to make 7 or so, I just need to get over to the craft store, come up with a simple/inexpensive/really cool idea, and buy the stuff for it. I volunteered because I felt like doing something crafty, I guess - something crafty that I DON'T have to keep (see previous paragraph regarding decor/clutter ) Come January once things settle a bit, I'm thinking about doing some small framed cross stitches - out of some of my "mini's" leaflets - to donate to the Junior Bazaar at the DAR state conference in March. I'm hoping to go to that, but we'll have to wait and see - gotta get DH to buy off on it, first.

I've done a bit of Christmas shopping, but I'm probably only about 1/4 of the way done. I have to figure out what to get Dad - I told him last week that if he didn't give me any ideas soon, he was going to get something truly strange from me. I already have an idea of what that might be - I'm just trying to give him a little time, you know?

Some good things might be happening with DH's job - keep your fingers crossed on that.

DS is doing great in school. At the conference late last month, the teacher and I discussed his organizational problems, and the only bad marks he got were related to those (i.e., you can't get an "Outstanding" grade in math if you keep forgetting to bring home your math homework). She is helping on her end, and I'm doing what I can here, and she can see he's really making an effort to work on the problems, so hopefully, he'll get into the habit of rechecking everything and keeping track of his stuff.

Well, I've gotta hop in the shower and start my day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 11-17-2007, 12:42 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 18
Likes Given: 1
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
i'm glad things are going well!
#3 of 5 Old 11-17-2007, 02:04 AM

Likes Earned: 0
Good Job on the X-mas Shopping! I haven't even started!

#4 of 5 Old 11-17-2007, 12:21 PM
Addicted Member

Location: In a house with a bunch of walls, windows and doors
Likes Earned: 15
Wow, I guess with only 5 or so weeks left I really really need to start xmas shopping too. Good for you!
#5 of 5 Old 11-17-2007, 07:11 PM

Location: The Funny Farm, Where life is beautiful all the time...
Likes Earned: 10
Glad to hear all is well! I HAVE to get moving on the Christmas shopping!

Kim
DH Chris 8-6-94 **15 Years! **

"It takes 20 years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, you'll do things differently." Warren Buffett
Mom to Lauren 10/26/04 & Ryan 4/6/06 MC 3/22/07 Comet (10-5-09... RIP Bubba) Visit me @
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
&...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in