Unpacking and Tossing - BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews
User Tag List

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 08-14-2010, 10:25 PM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Likes Earned: 0
Likes Given: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've been steadily unpacking things, tossing things, and setting them aside for when I can get the rest of the furniture into my "office" - a little room off the master bedroom. Unfortunately, I can't really finished unloading boxes into my office/craft area until I get the rest of the furniture in here (fire cabinets, sewing table, etc). Maybe next weekend...

The main level is nearly done, which is good because DS wants to have some friends over for his birthday in a couple of weeks. I'd say I have about an hour left of real work, then time needed to Freecycle/Craigslist/donate things. I'd like to get the bird cage cover re-sewn, because then I can put it on the cage and put the birds in the big cage, instead of the being in my office. We have a large parrot cage that I put a wrap-around cover onto, to keep them from spraying seed and "other things" all over the place.

Today I repainted the mailbox. Yes, we're in a rental, but the mailbox was falling apart, and for less than $15 I got it stuck back together and repainted. The property management company doesn't care. Completely worth it in my book, since we're going to be here a couple of years (if not longer). Later in the week I'll see if I can find some stick-on/nail-on numbers so we can put the street address on the box like everyone else, even (since you can't really see the street number on the house from the street).

I'm hoping that in September, I'll be able to start my NRA certification training. I may end up paying for it myself at this point (though when I was hired, the owners told me they'd pay for it...). If I pay for it myself, then I may well not share the profits/fees with them. The plan had been that I was to offer training through their shop (specifically, training for women), but one of the other employees actually runs a training business on the side, and they're routing training business to him. If they're not paying for my certification, then I'll do training however I dern well please, IMO. I may steer new customers to them for purchasing, and I won't poach customers from the other trainer, but I also won't give them a cut of any training business I do. I've been doing some informal training, with some friends and DH, but nothing official yet. The woman who gave me my original training has offered to let me be her "assistant" in her training classes, so I can see how things work. She'd also be my certification trainer, when I get to that point.

I've been doing a little telecommuting work for them as well, helping to set up their e-store. It takes a lot of initial data entry to get the store up and running, and it's just as easy for me to do that from home when I have time. Easier, in fact, since I don't have pesky customers interrupting. I probably should be doing that now, but I think I should wait another hour for the Long Island Iced Tea to wear off.

Maybe I'll go fold another load of laundry while I wait...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 08-16-2010, 09:23 AM
Administrator

Likes Earned: 16
Likes Given: 2
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
While I love setting up a new place, I hate the unpacking part. When we moved last month, I had all the furniture where I wanted it and all my pictures on the wall within a few days but the boxes of personal junk are still piled up. *sigh*
I WISH I could get it together to toss some stuff...

Elaine White

I'd love to be the ideal mother but I'm too busy raising my kids.

Haley Olivia 8-17-96 ~ Zachary Tyler 4-30-01 ~ Asher Mackenzie born an angel 2-26-03 ~ Brenna Grace 5-4-06
#3 of 3 Old 08-17-2010, 09:30 AM

Likes Earned: 22
Likes Given: 0
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Heck. I've been in this place almost 7 months and I still have boxes I haven't unpacked. Basically, no where to put the stuff. The plan is to start going thru them when the kids go back to school. I just can't get much done with them here all day.

~*~Brenda~*~
mom to Drew (16) High School At Last!
mom to Ally (10) 4th Grade, Baby! WooHoo!

Parenthood:  That state of being better chaperoned than you were before marriage.  ~Marcelene Cox  Sing out loud in the car even, or especially, if it embarrasses your children.  ~Marilyn Penland

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in