Father's Day Weekend - BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews
User Tag List

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 06-21-2004, 06:27 PM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Likes Earned: 0
Likes Given: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Father's Day Weekend

I got a terrible night's sleep on Friday. Went to bed around midnight, then got up around 1AM because I was too restless to sleep. I have no idea why, really. Finally fell asleep around 4:30AM, and Joey graciously woke me up at around 8:00 so I would make him breakfast.

Friday afternoon, DH and BIL decided they'd take the kids (Joey and my 3-year-old neice) camping Saturday night, so Saturday morning was spent preparing the camping stuff for them. I wasn't invited – it was a "Daddy and Kid" outing, which was fine with me. Finally got them out the door at about 3PM Saturday afternoon. Now, I was really tired, given that I got so little sleep, but I had resolved to resist the napping urge and stay up until at least 8PM, then turn in for the night. Well, I forgot to tell my eyeballs that – I fell asleep in the recliner at around 6:30PM, and woke up at about 9:30PM, on the floor (how I got there, I have no idea). So now it's Saturday night, and I'm all alone and WIDE awake. What do I do? Grab my slippers and head over to the nearest Wendy's to get a couple of burgers, a salad, and a Frosty. After all that, I end up staying up til nearly 4AM. I did, however ,set my alarm for 7:30, because I hadn't done one lick of housework, and the house was a disaster.

I got up right as the alarm went off Sunday morning, and got to work. Showered, dressed, made the bed, folded 3 loads of laundry, vaccumed upstairs. Then I headed downstairs – cleaned the kitchen, the living room, vaccumed and dusted everything. Around 10:00AM, I called DH's best friend and asked him if he wanted to go to the local Renaissance Faire, so he came by around noon, picked me up, and we went to Faire for the afternoon. I bought my step-mom a frog pendant carved out of jasper and my sister a tapestry that she'd wanted. For myself, I bought a 1-liter glass bottle full of creme soda, and managed to get 3 refills (the bottle was $8, and the refills $2 each). The bottle is one of those that has a rubber sealed stopper, and a metal spring-like mechanism to seal it up. I've got a smaller blue one – this one is brown glass. The only part that sucked is that I couldn't wear my garb – it's shrunk (that's my story and I'm sticking to it!!) I guess I have to knuckle down and make a new costume. The big Faire (Renaissance Pleasure Faire Northern California) is in August, so I've got a couple months to do it.

We got back from the Faire around 5:30PM, and I called my FIL to see if the guys had made it back and survived their night with the kids. The answer was Yes on both counts – the kids were already playing in the sprinkler. When DH and Joey got home, they washed up, and we all went out to Hometown Buffet for dinner. Then we got home, I tucked Joey into bed (it was already 9:30PM), the guys played XBox and watched movies, and I played computer for an hour, then crashed.

This morning, my back is just killing me. Serves me right, for being so active yesterday, I guess. Aleve is my best friend right now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 06-21-2004, 11:09 PM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 0
Likes Given: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Busy weekend. Me too and Ibuprophin is my best friend right now...

to no back pain.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page