One down... three to go - BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews
User Tag List

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 07-06-2004, 04:00 PM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Likes Earned: 0
Likes Given: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well, the van shopping thing is over. DH has reverted back to "once we have another child on the way, then we'll get a van." I'm not holding my breath. On one hand, we do have two working vehicles, and don't really need to replace either of them. On the other hand, it would certainly be nice. I give up - I told him he should do whatever he feels comfortable with. I don't like getting my hopes up, only to have them dashed, ya know? And the van won't even be my primary vehicle - it'll be his, because my car still gets better mileage, and I have the longer commute.

The garage sale is this weekend. I'm so excited! DH is going through the storage cabinet today (he has today off), and maybe some other things to help get ready. Friday, my stepbrother's fiancee and his daughter may be coming over to help sort and price, and, to bring over my dad's contribution to the sale. My husband's friend is supposedly bringing over a U-Haul with his mom's furniture and some other things Friday, and will be picking up my mom's living room set on the way. If this all pans out, we should have an awesome sale! I've told everyone that on Sunday afternoon at about 1PM, everything that's still on my driveway is going to Goodwill.

Speaking of garage sales, should I consider putting an ad in the local paper or the Pennysaver? The paper costs $25, and the Pennysaver $20. Has anyone done this and think they've gotten more traffic? I'm still thinking about it - not sure what to do.

After the garage sale, I'll start working on fixing up the house again. Dad had some leads on contractors that do good work, so I may ask him to hook me up. We'll see what DH wants to do.

Back to work!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 07-06-2004, 04:26 PM

Likes Earned: 0
Likes Given: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've advertised before and not sure if it helped. But I live on a busy road so I only need to put up a sign. It might be a good idea if you are off the beaten path!

Either way ... it sounds like a great sale!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in