TGIO! (Thank Goodness It's Over) - BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews
User Tag List

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 1 Old 07-12-2004, 03:21 PM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Likes Earned: 0
Likes Given: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
It was fun, and we made a little money, and cleared a lot of space, but ****! that was a lot of work. I'm glad it's over! I am SO sore from all the lifting this weekend! My back, my calves, my feet - last night, I had no ankles, they were so swollen!

We made about another $200 yesterday. The last furniture item sold (the bedroom set), and a lady whose hobby is sewing machine restoration came by and said she'd buy the sewing machine. She doesn't get paid til Friday, so I told her to just bring the money then, because I'd be home. Admittedly, we didn't get rid of everything - at about 3:30 yesterday, we all started shopping what was left. My step-brother's fiancee got a VCR (doesn't record anymore) and a vacuum, along with a bunch of little stuff. I took most of the glassware, since we seem to be running out of glasses again. But we got rid of A LOT - we cleared about a third of the garage out (that may not sound like much, but believe me - that is significant). And of course, we actually have until Wednesday to keep purging, since the Association for the Retarded will be coming over.

Since we took the bedroom set out of Joey's room, it's just trashed. I took my sewing room dresser and put it into his room, so he'd have a little space in there to put his clothes and things. This weekend I might go over to Home Depot and pick up shelves to put into his closet - I think it might help. Not sure yet on that one. But we have to get things straight soon - I want to sleep without a munchkin between us again!

Joey's beside himself with glee. All told, he made nearly $20 in toy sales over the weekend. That'll go a long way at Chuck E Cheese!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page