Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 05-28-2004, 11:22 AM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Likes Earned: 18
Likes Given: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
ok, my newest delema... my 21 year old nice from Calgary is going to come live with us! she should be here tomorrow...some guy is driving her out. So today i am flying around the house, doing sheets and vacuuming, well ok they are on my list..

we have no idea what her plans are, if she plans to work, maybe babysit for us... i dunno, all i know is that in Calgary with her mom she was staying up all night long and getting out of bed at 2 in the afternoon....

i know this would and or will drive me nuts, should i sit back and let her do whatever she wants, or should i work on some rules and schedules before she arrives to let her know what is expected of her around here?

i know i am talking in circles, but that is how my mind is working right now
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 05-28-2004, 11:28 AM

Likes Earned: 0
Likes Given: 0
I would lay down some rules. The good thing is she does not know anyone around there so maybe that will tame her. Let her know what is expected of her.

Becky
Wayne since 8/07~ almost a year! Who would have thought I would ever find my prince?

Samantha 4/19/95
Logan 10/9/01 Kia 9/10/98 Colby 3/28/01 I am a Motorcross Momma!!Enter to win BabyUniversity's
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Contest and a $25 GC!
#3 of 4 Old 05-28-2004, 11:29 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 0
Likes Given: 0
She will be living in your house and I'm assuming she'll be eating your food, doing her laundry there and won't be paying you anything for all this? If not, I would most definitely set up some rules for her and make a list of chores for her to do. Make her pull her weight or get out.

Even if she will be paying you some money (which seems doubtful since you don't know if she even plans to get a job) I would have some basic ground rules for her to live by.

You have a child in the house and she can't take advantage of your good will. If she doesn't like the rules or won't do what you ask of her, I'd boot her out.

#4 of 4 Old 05-28-2004, 11:46 AM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Likes Earned: 18
Likes Given: 1
Thanks ladies, i need to hear that!

i probably should have mentioned that she almost died in a car accident a few years ago, and is on majoy pain meds and happy pills... so i am sure the sympathy card is going to be played more than once.. i barely know her but she loves logan and seems nice.

she is not a cripple or anything just some back pains i think... she is in a rut is all getting out of the city to see that there is more than her rebounding boyfriend to life

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page