Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 07-11-2004, 06:07 PM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Likes Earned: 18
Likes Given: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
well we had a great trip to Calgary again! Logan didn't get much sleep and did wonderfully for the whole four days!

we left wednesday morning.... and went straight to a mall and shopped till we were all tired of walking.. a few hours. it was good, I love Baby Gap! I should never be allowed in there when i have any money! I also saw my first gymboree store and tons of other baby designer stores. Loved them all but only spent money in the Gap.

spent wednesday night at the house we were staying at, visiting and stuff.

Thursday we relaxed for some of the morning, then went for lunch at Willy's (awesome burgers) then headed to the Home depot for some wandering around. Then we headed to Michelles house for a visit. Al Dropped Logan and I off and he went off to conduct some satelite business. The visit was wonderful of course. there is just so much more that we have to learn about each other! I think we could talk and talk for hours! The kids got along wonderfully Liz kept on hugging logan and calling him 'my friend' it was so cute! oh, and Logan had a few baths by Rocky dogs tongue oh and Al had fun with Rocky too
I could have sat there all day long!

thursday night al and i had a quick dinner at Peter's Drive in, which is another awesome burger place, then went looking for the band, they hadn't arrived yet so we went home for a bit. Went down to see the band again at 630, al dropped logan and I off and went to see Spiderman. I had a great time with all the girls and the Chaparones. I realize how much i really really miss all those people. Al came and picked us up around 10 and that was it for the night

Friday morning, we got up at 6am to head down to the Calgary Stampede Parade! Got a wonderful spot, and settled down, It was really cool, the lady sitting beside me ( i never did find out her name) was so nice, then we had a good laugh when we realized that she also worked for Safeway.. no wonder we got along so well. identiacl personalities!

(continued)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 07-11-2004, 06:19 PM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Likes Earned: 18
Likes Given: 1
The parade when it finally started around 10am was awesome, there were a total of 26 bands in the parade this year and of course we all love the bands.. oh and the horses! Logan loved all the horses, from the gigantic clidesdales.. right down to the mini chuckwagon ponies.

the highlight of the parade for me was when my band came down the street! The leader had given me permission to get in the middle of the band.. and so i did! i stood out in the middle of the street holding Logan. The smiles on those girls faces were priceless! that was so much fun! I guess logan was just amazed his mouth wide open and smiling!

so after the parade was over we went back to the house.. logan fell asleep after a short night and a super early morning. lil bugger slept for four hours! Al took off to work on a satelite for his brother not impressed was I.... Anyhow, i sat there at the house all afternoon board to tears thinking about Belinis and Michelle how it would have been nice for me to have had an afternoon off!

Michelle? in august? i don't care who is watching the kids we are going out! k?

Anyhow. i was grumpy to say the least. Then when Al finally got back at 630 we headed to the Stampede grounds! to meet up with the band and have some good ould midway food i only ended up having a piece of pizza and two snowcones.. nothing looked all that good this year.

stayed on the grounds until 11pm Logan did wonderfuly. his bedtime is usually 8pm.. went home and crashed hard.. woke up and drove home saturday morning...

btw i love having a dvd in the van! kept logan happier on that 4 hour drive home!

Thanks for reading!
#3 of 3 Old 07-11-2004, 07:43 PM
Addicted Member

Location: In a house with a bunch of walls, windows and doors
Likes Earned: 15
Likes Given: 0
Sounds like you all had ag reat time!!!
We got rained out fo ra bit when we went to the stampede today

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page