Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 12-02-2001, 10:58 PM - Thead Starter
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 11
Likes Given: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well yesterday my husband skipped reserves. He emailed the lady in charge of attendance and other bookwork and just said he would not be in. He wanted to work at his normal job to make some extra money on Saturday, normally that is not at all why he would have skipped and it takes him a lot to even miss anything.

He went up today and the chief gave him an authorized absence. Since last week the chief has been busting butt trying to figure out why Red Com has not paid him and the other guy who came from active duty too. Today the chief raised holy **** with the personnel guy for not being on top of this and he also told the CO that two of his men have not been paid for over 6 months and that no one seems to be doing crap about it. The CO told him and the other guy that they good go home and they did not have to come back until they were paid.

This evening around 5:30 the CO called and apologized to Den for letting it go so long. Evidently the people in charge of pay are trying something new and the only people whom it is effecting at this point are the men coming from active duty to Reserves. They are the ones that are out there that aren't being paid. They are trying a new pay program. They want to do it on Active duty but want to try it out on Reservists frist.

The CO also said he does not know why they have not fixed it yet because there are other Reservists who came from active duty to reserves who are running into the same problem and he knows the people in charge have had to have been getting complaints.

He said he understood why he did not come yesterday. He said he understands what it is like to need the money and that he needed to work where he could get the money now instead of a few months from now.

So I guess we look forward to the day that we get that check and it is BIG I would have liked it now because it would come in handy with Christmas and a few bills.

Den said he felt bad for complaining today and he hates to complain but Lyons (his friend from AD) is also upset that it has taken them both 6 months to get paid and he did not show up either this weekend. But he said his complaining also paid off because now the CO is aware and before the personnel guy would not tell the CO. When Den called up this past week and the personnel guy was on leave for the 4th time in 2 months, he talked to the chief and the chief talked to the CO. That really got things moving!!

Thanks for listening these past few months! I know you are all so tired of hearing about it! Heck I am tired of thinking about it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 12-02-2001, 11:05 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 13
Wendy,
Happy to hear things are moving in the right direction for you and Den!
#3 of 7 Old 12-03-2001, 11:43 AM

Likes Earned: 0
I'm glad that he got the Chief this time. I don't blame neither one of them for not showing up. I know how it is to feel bad about not going. However, in this case he needs to think about the fact that he has to help his family first. Smart move on his part.

#4 of 7 Old 12-03-2001, 12:11 PM

Wendy,
I'm so glad things are finally moving for you guys. Your hubby should keep asking if there is any progress. Hopefully, they will get this resolved soon.
#5 of 7 Old 12-03-2001, 12:31 PM

I'm happy that finally someone has taken notice of what is going on, and will hopefully light a fire under that check!
#6 of 7 Old 12-03-2001, 12:56 PM

I am SO glad that there is finally some good news about this!!! I really hope you get that check soon Wendy! I will keep praying for it!!!
#7 of 7 Old 12-03-2001, 01:34 PM - Thead Starter
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 11
The chief said he would keep on top of it. Den said when he was leaving that the chief was chewing out the personnel guy for not letting anyone else know about 2 of his men not being paid.

The chief and Den exchanged numbers and email address so I think they have plans to keep in contact about it.

I was upset thinking that Den and Lyons had not been paid yet but there are a lot more men out there who went from AD to reserves who are not being paid. The people who are just signed up for Reserves are not having problems though so that is good. This new pay program is one they want to use on Active duty once they have all the bugs worked out--so WATCH OUT!! Of course having all those men and women breathing down your throat because that is there MAIN or ONLY source of income may encourage them to fix it faster!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page