No promotion this year - BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews
User Tag List

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 02-01-2010, 12:18 PM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Likes Earned: 22
Likes Given: 15
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well... thanks to Jim's unit in Germany we already know that he won't be on the E7 list this year.

They failed to update paperwork in the HR command database. Jim has been bugging them about it for over 6 months, trying to get them to do their job. They keep claiming to have submitted it, but it has never made it onto Jim's record. They are saying that HR didn't update, but they normally take 48 hours to do it. If they had really submitted it any of the 6 times they claim to have it would eventually made it on to his record.
Now the deadline has passed... Jim said they will open his promotion packet, see that this form isn't updated and assume he didn't bother to update. So he won't make the list this year.

Now granted, at this point promotions are never guaranteed it's kind of a luck of the draw (he has not made the list the last three years). But he is in his primary zone, and to be passed over automatically because someone else failed to do their job is just irritating.

I keep reminding myself at least we won't be waiting on pins and needles when the list comes out in a couple of months, but I am frustrated for Jim.

He is working with some people he was with in his first unit (pre infantry assignment)who were the same rank as him then. They have all made E-7 with one or less deployments... Jim got assigned to that stryker unit from 2001-2009, has three deployments under his belt but has not made the list. I can't help but feel he has more experience in the real Army (ie... combat zone experience) but has been passed over because he hasn't been in the chemical realm. I can always tell when he has run into someone else from Germany (that first unit) because he tends to come home grouchy on those days....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 02-01-2010, 01:47 PM

Likes Earned: 26
Likes Given: 12
Bureacracy sucks. Unfortunately, it doesn't get any better when you get out. Look how many times the VA has "lost" then "found" my dh's paperwork.

“
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Euripides

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
”- John Barrymore “

#3 of 5 Old 02-01-2010, 02:48 PM - Thead Starter
Special Member

oh I know Lenora... you would think in this computer age it wouldn't be so bad.... but I think it might actually be worse.

#4 of 5 Old 02-01-2010, 02:55 PM

Likes Earned: 26
Likes Given: 12
Have you seen Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy? The military and the VA are filled with Vogons. I think they may start out as normal people, but somewhere along the the line, they turn into Vogons.

Quote:
Vogons are one of the most unpleasant races in the galaxy. Not actually evil, but bad-tempered, bureaucratic, officious and callous. They wouldn't even lift a finger to save their own grandmothers from the Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal without orders signed in triplicate, sent in, sent back, queried, lost, found, subjected to public inquiry, lost again, and finally buried in soft peat for three months and recycled as firelighters. The best way to get a drink out of a Vogon is to stick your finger down his throat, and the best way to irritate him is to feed his grandmother to the Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal. On no account should you allow a Vogon to read poetry to you.
sound familiar?

“

Euripides

”- John Barrymore “

#5 of 5 Old 02-01-2010, 06:43 PM - Thead Starter
Special Member

oh thank you for that!! Too funny, Jim will love it too since he is a big Hitchiker fan....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page