User Tag List

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 20 Old 02-21-2005, 01:10 AM - Thead Starter

Likes Earned: 26
Likes Given: 12
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Have you started getting around your kids' summre clothes?

I finished a dress today, and am almost finished with another one. I have a shorts outfit cut out and shorts outfits I made for her when I thought we were going to Hawaii. She will need a new swimming suit even though hers is barely worn because it is too small.

“
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Euripides

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
”- John Barrymore “

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 20 Old 02-21-2005, 01:16 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 0
Likes Given: 0
My mom is making the kids a bunch of shorts and she is also making some tops for Kaylee. All of them are going to need new swimsuits this year.
#3 of 20 Old 02-21-2005, 01:30 AM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 29
Oh yes, started ages ago. Probably cuz I am SO READY for spring!LOL! I have made several dresses for the girls and I have 3 more patterns ready to start cutting soon. Also bought MORE fabric last night so I had better get to sewing this week. Also already bought both girls swimsuits and several things at thrift stores/resale shops. Need lots more though-Emily has barely anything and the girl needs TONS of course! Bailey should be set from Zach's hand me downs but Zachary needs a bunch plus all the kids will need sandals....oh my I really need to get going!!

#4 of 20 Old 02-21-2005, 03:57 AM - Thead Starter

For those of us who are making summer clothes, now is the time to be starting. I got started late on winter clothes this year and keep running out!

“

Euripides

”- John Barrymore “

#5 of 20 Old 02-21-2005, 10:29 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 2
I have bought a few shirts, and she has her swimming suit and cover up. I got one pair of shoes.

I need to get shorts/capris, a few more shirts and a pair of sandals.
#6 of 20 Old 02-21-2005, 11:31 AM
Administrator

Likes Earned: 16
Likes Given: 2
I bought everything at the end of summer last year for dirt cheap. Our Belk was going out of business and Sears had a great end of summer clearance.
Haley already has 6 pairs of shorts, 4 skirts, around 15 tops, and 3 bathing suits for next summer.
The only things I really need to get are a few pairs of capris for her to wear to school after it warms up and a few pairs of new sandals.

Elaine White

I'd love to be the ideal mother but I'm too busy raising my kids.

Haley Olivia 8-17-96 ~ Zachary Tyler 4-30-01 ~ Asher Mackenzie born an angel 2-26-03 ~ Brenna Grace 5-4-06
#7 of 20 Old 02-21-2005, 12:23 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 11
I am just getting started, isn't that pathetic! Most years I am knee deep in Summer clothes by now! But I'm having fun shopping!
#8 of 20 Old 02-21-2005, 12:32 PM
Addicted Member

They have short sleeved shirts but I am trying to wait to get Kelsey's so I don't have the wrong sizes. She does have 3 summer dresses that my SIL got her for her birthday and they are so adorable but we just had a snow storm so it doesn't look like she'll be wearing dresses anytime in the near future.
#9 of 20 Old 02-21-2005, 12:38 PM - Thead Starter

That's my problem too. Wendy. I'm not sure what size she'll be this summer. Kate hit a growth spurt and out grew aolmost all her wimter clothes in one month.

“

Euripides

”- John Barrymore “

#10 of 20 Old 02-21-2005, 12:45 PM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 29
Emily just did the same thing Lenora! Don't you just hate that? Now Emily doesn't have hardly a thing that will fit her and by golly I refuse to buy new winter clothes now that she will only get to wear a couple of time.
#11 of 20 Old 02-21-2005, 01:22 PM - Thead Starter

I so KWYM! All those gorgeous fall overalls I made her are way too small! They were way too small before Thanksgiving! I was going to do some end of summer shopping, but I knew she'd grow and I was right. Whatever size I thought she would be wearing this summer is not going to fit.

“

Euripides

”- John Barrymore “

#12 of 20 Old 02-21-2005, 01:35 PM
Addicted Member

Yup, Krista and Lenora, Kel did the same thing. She is actually growing out of her winter coat and I really do not want to have to buy a new one for a month. I keep tellng her she HAS to slow down...LOL
#13 of 20 Old 02-21-2005, 01:38 PM - Thead Starter

Is it working?

“

Euripides

”- John Barrymore “

#14 of 20 Old 02-21-2005, 01:45 PM
Addicted Member

Nope it hasn't. Of course why would it? That would mean she would have to listen to me
#15 of 20 Old 02-21-2005, 02:02 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 2
Jared's OK on clothes, but he will deff need some new sandals, as lil mister bigfoot has outgrown every pair he has !
#16 of 20 Old 02-21-2005, 02:21 PM
Addicted Member

I really haven't done much yet. He can still wear a few of his things from last year. And I bought some things at the end of the season last year.
#17 of 20 Old 02-21-2005, 02:22 PM
Administrator

Likes Earned: 16
Likes Given: 2
I hardly have a thing for Zachary yet. I think 2 a pairs of shorts and a few shirts. He has so many T shirts though and it just isn't as fun to shop for boy clothes as it is for Haley. He will need new sandals also though and a pair of swimming trunks.

Elaine White

I'd love to be the ideal mother but I'm too busy raising my kids.

Haley Olivia 8-17-96 ~ Zachary Tyler 4-30-01 ~ Asher Mackenzie born an angel 2-26-03 ~ Brenna Grace 5-4-06
#18 of 20 Old 02-23-2005, 11:21 PM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 3
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I have been getting spring/summer clothes out of storage and getting them hung in the closet. I'm ready for Spring!
#19 of 20 Old 02-23-2005, 11:23 PM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 12
Lys just needs some shorts and Kate - it will all depend on what size she's in - But she'll need shorts probably.
#20 of 20 Old 02-23-2005, 11:55 PM

I have clothes for both girls that I bought bigger for them so they could wear when the weather got warmer.

They both need a new pair of tennis shoes and sandals. My older one is growing like a weed! She went from a 6X to an 8 and some 10's.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page