You can make some great things with Paper Mache. Here are some ideas to help you and your kids get started!MAKE A PINATA
Submitted by: Wendy Payne, a homeschooler from Missouri.Objectives:
Creating sculpture with a theme.What you Need:
candyWhat You Do:
This project takes about 5 days to complete but doing a little each day makes it fun.
1. Blow up the balloon not too tight.
2. Make a flour and water paste.
3. Cut the newspapers into strips.
4. Dip the newspaper strips into the flour/water paste and apply to the balloon.
5. Let dry over night.
6. Repeat this process for 4 more days.
7. On the 5th day let completely dry and begin to paint.[/b]
8. Small children can finger paint and older children can paint with a brush.
9. After it is completely dried, cut a hole in the top to add the candy.
10. Add candy.
11. Poke holes on opposite sides to put the string through.
12. Tie onto a pole.
13. Enjoy like a regular pinata. [/b]
An online catalog featuring all sorts of pinata pictures.
Poohmommy to Michael Timothy born December 1, 1999 weighing 2 pounds and 6 ounces and soulmate to Timothy Lee
~~Visit Michael's webpage~~
Click here to visit our Family Homepage at Baby U.
~~Click here to see my webpage: Art by Alexandra~~
Click here and read my Parenting Journal where I discuss what life is like raising a toddler with special needs. We are currently trying to find out which sydrome our son has that is affecting his liver.
CHILDREN WITH SPECIAL NEEDS BOARD
RAINY DAY ACTIVITIES
THE RELATIONSHIPS BOARD
"A man sees himself through the eyes of the women he loves."
"True love is just like rain; it touches us all."