You Will Never Believe This - BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews
User Tag List

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 02-27-2009, 11:26 AM - Thead Starter

Likes Earned: 10
Likes Given: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So I pull into my drive way last night and there is a truck I didn't reconize and a man standing at my door. I get out with just my keys and lock Logan in the truck and proced to find out who this is.

He comes up and says "Hello my name is so and so and I work for so and so that takes arial pictures of country land" Then proceeds to show my a picture of my house that I will admit was amazing. You could see the inside of my car, count the shingles on the roof. I mean it was amazing.

He asked if I was interested in buying and I said will my husband would be. If you could come back he should he here by 6. Then I ask how much it was and he said "well you could get it in so many ways, you wouldn't remember everything to tell you husband so I will come back and explain it all to you" I said ok.

Well about 6:15 he comes back and starts his speech, pulls out all the different ways you can get the picture, how to frame it, and what not. After he shows us all of these different ways we could get the picture he proceeds to tells us how much the picture is.

"You can do this one for $449.00, this one for $399.00" and so on. Shane and I looked at eachother like "He said what?!"

The guy asked what one we wanted and I told him up front that I was not going to be sinking $400 in a picture. Then he goes on and says so what about this and this for like $200 and I said no again.

I could not believe it would be that much to get a picture! Then for him to ask someone in such a calm voice like he was talking to millionairs for $400 in this kind of economy I thought was crazy.

After he left I told Shane that if he would have told me up front the cheapest I could get was $200 then I would have told him I was not interested and not have wasted his time. And to be honest I was kind of dissapointed, I was looking forward to having such a nice picture of my property hanging on my wall.

Oh well, I don't think I would ever forget it though. Would you ladies buy a picture of your property for $200 or more?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 02-27-2009, 11:57 AM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 10
Likes Given: 1
Uh, nope I actually am pretty skeptical of anyone that goes door to door. I actually wish I could put a sign on my front door that says "No soliciting allowed" (except Girl Scouts or kids trying to sell candy ).
#3 of 7 Old 02-27-2009, 12:01 PM

Likes Earned: 0
I don't know if you could get it done for less. Professional photography is not cheap, and obviously the guy had to go up in an airplane or helicopter to get the shot. Jet-A is not cheap either, and he has to make money and pay for the overhead--camera, renting the plane/paying the pilot, etc. I didn't think $200 sounded too bad.
I am not saying we would pay that, but I don't think it's a bad deal.
And framing photographs isn't cheap either. We have had several pictures professionally framed, and it cost us well over $100 each time.

Tammy
wife to Kyle 4/27/96
Proud mom of two fabulous kids:
Emily 1/11/03
Travis 10/6/06

#4 of 7 Old 02-27-2009, 01:07 PM

Likes Earned: 26
Likes Given: 12
I know farmers who have. I've never known anyone who wasn't a farmer to do it though. My dad had a book of ariel shots of all the ground in the country with the types of soil listed. Of course, this was a project done by the government. Check out google maps in a couple of months. you may find the pics there. I found really good photos of my dad's house on google maps.

“
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Euripides

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
”- John Barrymore “

#5 of 7 Old 02-27-2009, 01:26 PM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 11
My grandparents had it done ages and ages ago....in the 70's maybe? I wouldn't pay to have it done, personally but that is just me.

I don't see why someone would go up and do that without knowing if someone would actually buy it.

And Cheryl you can get no soliciting signs....I have them on my door cause we get these weird freaky sales people that would come daily trying to get me to buy something. Just go to a hardware or even walmart and find the for sale signs and the no soliciting signs are there.
#6 of 7 Old 02-27-2009, 06:55 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 0
I might ... depending on the size of the photo and how pretty the landscape. A fall scene of Momma's mountain would be absolutely gorgeous!
#7 of 7 Old 02-27-2009, 08:39 PM

Likes Earned: 13
Likes Given: 1
i wouldn't pay that much. i'd rather spend that money on something i would use

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in