Combat Source Kill Max - BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews
User Tag List

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 14 Old 04-12-2010, 08:01 PM - Thead Starter

Likes Earned: 0
Likes Given: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Has anyone here tried our Combat Source Kill Max gels? If so how did they work for you?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 14 Old 04-13-2010, 08:46 AM
Administrator

Likes Earned: 16
Likes Given: 2
I've used Combat's ant killing gel and was actually pleased with it. I had an apartment once that you couldn't leave ANYTHING out in the kitchen or it would be covered in ants within minutes. It was so frustrating because I had children ... they don't always clean up after themselves. I put the gel along the window sill and at the baseboard along the back wall of my kitchen and it really did seem to help.

Elaine White

I'd love to be the ideal mother but I'm too busy raising my kids.

Haley Olivia 8-17-96 ~ Zachary Tyler 4-30-01 ~ Asher Mackenzie born an angel 2-26-03 ~ Brenna Grace 5-4-06
#3 of 14 Old 04-14-2010, 03:47 PM - Thead Starter

Wow Elaine! I’m glad our Combat ant gel worked out for you! That’s a great place for putting gel and it proved to be effective. We also have Combat Liquid Ant Baits. It mimics ants’ natural food sources, so ants ingest more bait when feeding on this liquid bait. You can use it to prevent the ants from coming back. What Combat product did you use?

#4 of 14 Old 04-14-2010, 10:58 PM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 12
I used the ant bait things and saw no difference in my ants. We end up using a spray crawling insect killer to get the little buggers every year.
#5 of 14 Old 04-15-2010, 09:03 AM
Administrator

Likes Earned: 16
Likes Given: 2
Karen, If you are still having issues I would definitely use the gel that comes in a syringe ... put a few dots of it at their entrance point and they'll carry it back to their colony. If nothing more, they are so attracted to it that they don't make it much further into the house. However, I've found that while it works great on the tiny ants that swarm, the gigantic black ones that roam around on their own are less likely to be attracted to it. I still have to squish one of those every few days.

Elaine White

I'd love to be the ideal mother but I'm too busy raising my kids.

Haley Olivia 8-17-96 ~ Zachary Tyler 4-30-01 ~ Asher Mackenzie born an angel 2-26-03 ~ Brenna Grace 5-4-06
#6 of 14 Old 04-16-2010, 07:48 PM - Thead Starter

Hey Karen, did you use sprays with the ant baits? If so, that will cause the baits not to work. I also recommend trying our Source Kill Max ant baits, it also comes in gel form and begins killing in hours and will work to destroy the ant colony within 3-5 days.
#7 of 14 Old 04-16-2010, 10:21 PM
Addicted Member

I used spray after the baits weren't doing anything. They come in under the front door and hang out mainly by the door/closet area and I find them onto the carpet sometimes.

I don't have any ants right now - I need something that's safe and discrete - we have 2 cats & 4 children so its gotta be safe.
#8 of 14 Old 04-17-2010, 12:55 PM

Likes Earned: 26
Likes Given: 12
Dawn told me to sprinkle dry, uncooked grits around the places where I found ants coming into my apartment. For some reason, grits kill ants. I don't know why. Recently, the landlord has been spraying and that has greatly reduced the problem. I don't like having a lot of poisons sitting around even if they are locked up.

“
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Euripides

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
”- John Barrymore “

#9 of 14 Old 04-17-2010, 01:01 PM

Likes Earned: 26
Likes Given: 12
Karen - Here is a site of green ways to take care of your bug problems without toxic chemicals. Like you, I have a fear my kids or pets will get into any poisons I might have around. Home Pest Control - Safe Pesticides and Home Pest Control - Natural Green Pest Control

“

Euripides

”- John Barrymore “

#10 of 14 Old 04-21-2010, 07:15 PM - Thead Starter

Hey DQKaren, glad you don’t have any ants right now. Since you are looking for something safe and discrete I recommend our Combat Source Kill Max Gels. They contain water and food that are extremely attractive to ants. The gel can be applied in cracks and crevices where insects like to hide it comes in a syringe so you can easily apply it.
#11 of 14 Old 06-02-2010, 10:47 PM
Addicted Member

Well I am revisiting this thread because the ants are starting to invade my space. SO I am headed out tomorrow to get something.

They are coming in from the patio door and hanging out on my carpet under my computer - so I need them to Die. (They were here last year too but I didn't see them coming in & out - this year I can see them in & out and hanging out in groups )

We have HUGE ant hills in the patio (its all loose gravel) so I guess they are bound tou look in here for something!
#12 of 14 Old 04-03-2011, 10:16 AM

I had a pretty  bad roach problem for years and my family ingested many a unhealthy fume from sprays and bombs!! My son found combat source kill max!No kidding when I say within 4 days we saw the weak and dying roaches and less than 3 weeks later we see no more roaches!! I think I knew we had this problem well in check when I left a fresh baked cake on my kitchen island and after an hour it had no little visitors crawling all over it!!! This stuff comes highly recommened from my family to yours!! Thank You Combat a million times over!!!

#13 of 14 Old 04-03-2011, 10:18 AM

I have used them and eliminated a huge roach problem!!

#14 of 14 Old 04-05-2011, 08:31 PM

Likes Earned: 11

Well, here's a good link for killing roaches using combat source kill max http://www.ehow.com/how_5559895_rid-roaches-good.html

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page