Forum Jump: 

#1 of 16 Old 01-01-2011, 04:31 AM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Likes Earned: 13
Likes Given: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I"m going to try to post on BBU as one of my New Year's resolutions. I miss the privacy of saying what I want to and not having the whole world seeing it. I miss being able to say what's on my mind.

I think Facebook is wonderful, but I don't say personal stuff because I consider myself a private person and I don't want everyone knowing the daily happenings of my life.

So, here is what has been going on in our lives:

Gary started a new job last month and is bringing home DOUBLE the money that he was. He was working for Hills Pet Nutrition (Science Diet) but they cut out all overtime about 6 months ago and money was extremely tight. Bills were behind and it just kept getting worse. We truly feel that this new job with Pepperidge Farm is a gift from God. It's a long story on how he got it, but it came at just the right time. Of course, nothing comes without a bit of sacrafice, he is now gone a lot. (He is a truck driver for those who don't know.) He is only home 3 nights a week, on the road for 4. (I will not put that on Facebook because I don't want too many people to know that I am home alone with the Twins.) The girls and I miss him terribly; however, we are adjusting well.

PJ and Em are doing GREAT! They are both straight A students and we are extremely proud of them! They are amazing, wonderful, funny, sweet, and intresting little girls. I couldn't ask for better behaved children. I am extremely blessed to have them and I tell God "thank you" every single day for giving them to me to take care of and love.

My job is going well. I am an insurance agent and office manager for a very small insurance agency. The owners of the agency are extremely lenient with me and understand that I am a mother and wife first, and an insurance agent second. They are very generous with giving me time off to attend school functions with the twins and understanding about Gary's new job. I could get paid more somewhere else, but the perks of my job are well worth the smaller salary.

I guess that's about it. I hope that everyone had a safe New Year's Eve and will have a wonderful New Year!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 16 Old 01-01-2011, 04:38 AM - Thead Starter
Special Member

HA! I forgot to mention Gary! LOL!

He and I are doing well, in February we will celebrate our 17th anniversary! We had a convalidation of our marriage two years ago (also known as having our marriage blessed in the Catholic Church) and renewed our vows once. So, we like to tell people that we have married each other three times, but have never been divorced. (I love to see the look of confusion on people's faces when we say that!)

#3 of 16 Old 01-01-2011, 06:59 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 22
Likes Given: 15

hahaaha!  I miss you Heather.  Glad you are going to be on here more. :)  

#4 of 16 Old 01-01-2011, 05:49 PM

Likes Earned: 26
Likes Given: 12

Congratulations to Gary on his new job!  I'm glad things are going well for you.  I agree saying something on FB is like buying a billboard except people would have to actually drive past a billboard. 

“
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Euripides

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
”- John Barrymore “

#5 of 16 Old 01-03-2011, 06:21 AM
Administrator

Likes Earned: 16
Likes Given: 2

Congrats to Gary on the new job!  It's good to hear an update from you and even better to hear that you are so happy!

Elaine White

I'd love to be the ideal mother but I'm too busy raising my kids.

Haley Olivia 8-17-96 ~ Zachary Tyler 4-30-01 ~ Asher Mackenzie born an angel 2-26-03 ~ Brenna Grace 5-4-06
#6 of 16 Old 01-04-2011, 07:02 AM

It's great to see you on here and hear how all of you are doing!  Sounds like things are going to be much better in 2011!

~*~Brenda~*~
mom to Drew (16) High School At Last!
mom to Ally (10) 4th Grade, Baby! WooHoo!

Parenthood:  That state of being better chaperoned than you were before marriage.  ~Marcelene Cox  Sing out loud in the car even, or especially, if it embarrasses your children.  ~Marilyn Penland
#7 of 16 Old 01-04-2011, 07:43 AM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 10
Likes Given: 1

It sounds like things are going wonderful for you!!!  Yay!!!  :) 

I've never heard of convalidation before.  Is it common in the Catholic church?  (I don't know much about Catholicism). 

#8 of 16 Old 01-04-2011, 07:51 AM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Because we didn't get married in the Church the first time (Justice of the Peace) we were only civilly married, not sacramentally married. You can only get married in the Church once, unless your spouse dies or you get an annulment.  

#9 of 16 Old 01-19-2011, 03:43 PM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 11

Awe it is nice to hear from you.  I pop in and lurk but should probably take a few moments to post but honestly feel like it is the same old same old with me...lol

#10 of 16 Old 01-20-2011, 03:13 AM

Hey Wendy, you seem to be one of the oldest members in this forum. How are you doing? I'm Ward. I'm brand new here and probably the first and only guy in this forum. It's just great learning from all the ladies out here. Looking forward to know you more.

#11 of 16 Old 01-20-2011, 03:25 AM
Addicted Member

I might be one of the older members.  I think Elaine joined right after me.  Only she hasn't ever let real life get in her way on posting here. 

I'm doing pretty good.  I work full time.  I'm getting ready to make the commitment to go back to school to be a social worker.  And my kids are in every activity under the sun.  Oh and I just sprained my knee so ya'll may get tired of me soon :-D

#12 of 16 Old 01-20-2011, 05:16 AM
Administrator

Likes Earned: 16
Likes Given: 2

That is Wendy's nice way of saying "Elaine is addicted to her computer" lol!  Great to see you Wendy!

... actually, Heather has been here almost just as long as us ... the 2001 members seem to be the main ones who have either stuck around or keep coming back. 

Elaine White

I'd love to be the ideal mother but I'm too busy raising my kids.

Haley Olivia 8-17-96 ~ Zachary Tyler 4-30-01 ~ Asher Mackenzie born an angel 2-26-03 ~ Brenna Grace 5-4-06
#13 of 16 Old 01-20-2011, 06:19 AM

Likes Earned: 26
Likes Given: 12

Long time, no see, Wendy.  Welcome back lady!  Hey, I missed my chance to meet you.  I don't live in WV anymore.

“

Euripides

”- John Barrymore “

#14 of 16 Old 01-20-2011, 06:20 AM
Addicted Member

Nah--I think if facebook wouldn't have been invented, I would be around a LOT more.  Elaine if you are addicted to your PC then I don't want to talk about what I was back in the day.  I lived in my PC!

#15 of 16 Old 01-20-2011, 09:43 AM
Special Member

Likes Given: 15

Yeah... I have to agree.... I think we are all somewhat addicted to our PC's.  That's why we are still here :)

#16 of 16 Old 01-20-2011, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBit View Post

Yeah... I have to agree.... I think we are all somewhat addicted to our PC's.  That's why we are still here :)

I think we really have to blame Al Gore for all of this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in