User Tag List

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 13 Old 09-18-2009, 03:04 AM - Thead Starter

Likes Earned: 0
Likes Given: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
What kinds of healthy foods do your kids eat? I'm need healthy snack ideas for my kids. All they want to do is fill up on junk food. I can't even buy that stuff or they won't eat anything else. I've been buying things like raisins and applesauce, but they don't really want it. Take a bit or two and then it goes to waste. Has anyone seen those new Super Fruit cups by Del Monte? Ever try them? I was thinking about buying those for my kids. Thought it looked a bit more "snacky." They have like pear or peach chunks in a traditional fruit cup, but then their soak in juice that you can drink. I saw the pears in the blackberry juice and the fruit looks purple-ly, kinda cool. My kids are so visual so . . . There's a good coupon online for them at http://bit.ly/2VqRvT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 13 Old 09-18-2009, 10:21 AM
Administrator

Likes Earned: 16
Likes Given: 2
My kids aren't big fruit eaters either. They ocasionally like grapes and my girls at least eat yogurt regularly. Common snacks in our house are cheese sticks (my 3 yr old loves these), popsicles, yogurt, and granola bars. Once in a while I'll buy Goldfish or some other snack cracker but because my kids go through the box so quickly, it often isn't worth my money.

Elaine White

I'd love to be the ideal mother but I'm too busy raising my kids.

Haley Olivia 8-17-96 ~ Zachary Tyler 4-30-01 ~ Asher Mackenzie born an angel 2-26-03 ~ Brenna Grace 5-4-06
#3 of 13 Old 12-03-2009, 11:31 PM

Thankfully my kiddos are awesome at eating their fruits and veggies and I think it might be because I started that from day 1 with them. When there's junk food around, that is it. lol They don't want anything else so I just try NOT to buy them at all. It's probably better off that way so I don't eat the junk food too. lol Valerie decided she loves the baby bell cheese I buy for my snacks so I cut that up with some pineapples or strawberries and they love it. I buy pudding for them but it's sugar free and with real milk and stuff. My kiddos also love crackers and cheese. If your kids don't like just regular crackers they have some yummy flavored crackers... or even those gold fish are loved by kids.

#4 of 13 Old 01-21-2010, 06:26 AM

In my opinion I prefer Fruits and other Eatables as the Healthy Snacks.
Can anyone Justify my position.
#5 of 13 Old 02-15-2010, 10:18 AM
Advanced Member

Likes Earned: 10
Bananas, grapes and oranges are real popular fruits in my house. I have one child that will eat vegatables and one that doesn't. Both will eat the fruit...
#6 of 13 Old 07-06-2010, 03:42 AM

Kids love anything they can dip! A baggie full of carrot and celery sticks, cucumber and bell pepper slices, sugar snap peas and cherry tomatoes will disappear like magic if there's a tub of dip to go with them. Baked tortilla chips and whole wheat crackers or pita triangles are perfect, nutritious and kid-pleasing accompaniments for dips, too.
#7 of 13 Old 07-06-2010, 05:07 PM

Likes Earned: 13
Likes Given: 1
My son likes everything but meat! I make him PB crackers and usually give him some fruit.

I also like to give him Tofu ( I make it with rice and seaweed, kinda like a shushi roll) as a snack since he loves that stuff more then anything LOL
#8 of 13 Old 12-08-2010, 09:55 PM

Likes Earned: 11

Nothing's better than fresh fruits for your little ones.

#9 of 13 Old 07-28-2011, 10:59 AM

my kids love chopped up pieces of strawberries, bananas and grapes!smile.gif

#10 of 13 Old 08-09-2011, 06:20 AM

ahan... my children also love to eating snaks, and i also eat snaks when i feel hungry in office time,

and i think this is good for office time lite and healthy snaks :)

#11 of 13 Old 08-12-2011, 03:04 AM

Hello all,

the healthy snacks...
which i love the most and i like it very much....
it is very healthful and fat full snacks...

#12 of 13 Old 08-19-2011, 11:34 AM

What I found when my daughter was little (and I'm re-learning this with my little nephew) is that kids are habit eaters. They learn to like junk food and don't easily change, and in the same way they can get the habit of eating healthy, but they will not eat healthy in general. They will fix on a few things (healthy or otherwise) that they eat all the time. So what I would suggest is providing a variety of things, let them find some things they like, and then buy a lot of those things.

#13 of 13 Old 12-21-2012, 05:57 AM

Hello Guys i think that healthy snacks can enhance your weight-loss plan. Here are creative and healthier ways to fulfill your hunger.Your stomach is barking, but lunch time is hours away. You could engage yourself with a snack, but you think it's best to resolution your teeth and wait for lunch. Not so, if losing weight is your goal.Thanks a lot!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page