Do you take Vitamins? - BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews
User Tag List

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 17 Old 10-20-2009, 08:50 AM - Thead Starter
Administrator

Likes Earned: 16
Likes Given: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm great about buying vitamins ... horrid at taking them. I've got a cabinet full of everything from a multi-vitamin to fish oil and while I'll get on a kick once in a while and start taking them again, it usually only lasts a few days.
Gotta get better...

Elaine White

I'd love to be the ideal mother but I'm too busy raising my kids.

Haley Olivia 8-17-96 ~ Zachary Tyler 4-30-01 ~ Asher Mackenzie born an angel 2-26-03 ~ Brenna Grace 5-4-06
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 17 Old 10-20-2009, 11:29 AM

Likes Earned: 22
Likes Given: 0
Anyone have any tricks to remind them to take their vitamins? I put mine next to Ally's ADHD meds that she takes every AM. I see them, but I usually am too busy to stop and take them right then and there. Then I forget! And they are Senior vitamins, too, which would probably have something to help with the forgeting!

~*~Brenda~*~
mom to Drew (16) High School At Last!
mom to Ally (10) 4th Grade, Baby! WooHoo!

Parenthood:  That state of being better chaperoned than you were before marriage.  ~Marcelene Cox  Sing out loud in the car even, or especially, if it embarrasses your children.  ~Marilyn Penland
#3 of 17 Old 12-03-2009, 11:20 PM

Likes Earned: 0
I take vitamins and would be lost without them. lol I haven't been sick in sooo long and whenever I do get sick, it usualy comes and goes pretty quick. Same with my girls who are old enough to take vitamins... they take a children's vitamin obviously. I keep mine in the kitchen on the counter next to the coffee pot. lol While I'm waiting for my coffee in the morning, I grab something to eat and take my vitamins. After dinner and I clean up, cleaning the coffee pot is part of that so I see them then too and take my PM vitamins. :-) Works for me!
I work with a wellness company so I wanted to give you guys a tip. When choosing vitamins, make sure you check the soluability of them. Believe it or not, there are actually vitamins out there that goes RIGHT through you and MIGHT be like 2% absorbable...
YAY FOR VITAMINS!!! hehe (omgosh I was never like this until I seen the difference a vitamin made in my daughters live... our lives lol)

#4 of 17 Old 12-07-2009, 02:29 AM
Addicted Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I've been using Womens Ultra Mega from GNC since about 4 weeks after my c-section. Here is the link...

GNC Women's Ultra Mega® Maximum Nutrition Formula - Chocolate - GNC - GNC

Before I started this supplement I had no appetite, high blood pressure, and had developed a twitch. After doing some research I thought maybe I was malnourished. The guy at GNC suggested the vitamin supplement and I noticed a BIG difference right away. My blood pressure went from dangerously high, even on meds, to controllable. Now I have cut my meds in half it's doing so well. The twitch is gone, and I feel so much better. I might sound like a walking add for this stuff but I feel like it really made a difference for me. Even my doctor was interested/impressed in what I was doing that made things improve so much.
#5 of 17 Old 07-06-2010, 03:31 AM

First of all let me say I am not a female and I don't take any sort of vitamins but my mother take a one-a-day woman's formula, selenium, antioxidant (an a,c,e combo), alpha lipoic acid, coq10 and she drink green and white tea several times a week. She has just started soy powder and take a b complex a few times a week. I sometimes drink green and white tea with her.
#6 of 17 Old 08-25-2010, 07:49 AM

Yes, I do.. I'm on Vitamin C for daily dose.
#7 of 17 Old 08-26-2010, 11:17 AM

Likes Earned: 22
Looks like Nature's Bounty will soon be coming out with a Daily Dose vitamin that will give you 2 full servings of fruits & vegetables. Think I may try that one.

~*~Brenda~*~
mom to Drew (16) High School At Last!
mom to Ally (10) 4th Grade, Baby! WooHoo!

Parenthood:  That state of being better chaperoned than you were before marriage.  ~Marcelene Cox  Sing out loud in the car even, or especially, if it embarrasses your children.  ~Marilyn Penland
#8 of 17 Old 08-30-2010, 04:21 AM

Usually the docs advise at least 3 mths vitamins post pregnancy. It can increase or decrease depending upon your health condition.
#9 of 17 Old 12-04-2010, 04:54 AM

Likes Earned: 11

Elaine,

Its just like me trying to commit myself to start working out. Just take them. You'll get used to it.

#10 of 17 Old 08-09-2011, 06:12 AM

Yes, i take a vitamin tab daily, doctor suggest me to take a one tab daily, some time i don't want to take it,

but i take it to think like that, its good for health, i think we are busy in our work and vitamin gives us good energy, which our food not gives us. 

#11 of 17 Old 08-19-2011, 11:58 AM

The best way to get vitamins is to eat healthy food, a variety of fruits and vegetables especially. I think of vitamin supplements as a kind of emergency-measure backup plan if you can't be sure of getting your vitamins and minerals the natural way through a healthy diet. In fact, I've heard some doctors say that they can't be sure vitamin supplements even work! Although I don't think I'd go that far myself.

#12 of 17 Old 11-04-2011, 06:16 AM

Likes Earned: 11

I really hate SPAMMERS! This one sounds like from India.nonono2.gif

#13 of 17 Old 05-02-2012, 06:17 PM

Likes Earned: 26
Likes Given: 12

That's what I try to do. :o)

“
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Euripides

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
”- John Barrymore “

#14 of 17 Old 05-14-2012, 06:25 PM

Right now I am taking fish oil, vitamin D3 and liquid B12. Not too much so it's easy to remember.

#15 of 17 Old 05-20-2012, 02:54 PM

I might have an addiction when it comes to taking vitamins. I've cleared it with my doc, though and she doesn't seem to think there is anything wrong with it. But here's my regiment: in the morning its vitamin D and E. Sometimes I'll throw in a little vitamin C, depending on if the weather is changing or if my throat is hurting, been around sick people, etc. Then in the evening its a multi-vitamin with fish oil. In the winter I'll take vitamin D again in the evening because I'm not getting as much sunshine.

---

Jen

http://www.youthworker.com/youth-group-games-activities/

#16 of 17 Old 05-21-2012, 10:33 AM

Likes Earned: 26
Likes Given: 12

I started drinking vitamin D fortified soy milk which has had many benefits for me.  I try not to overdo it on D or A since they are fat soluble. I was eating a lot of carrots everyday to loose weight until I found out that you can actually get vitamin A poisoning.  Apparently, several Arctic explorers died of it from eating polar bear livers.  

However, if you overdo it on water soluble vitamins like C, you will just pee it away.  Fortunately, most vitamins seem to be water soluble. 

“

Euripides

”- John Barrymore “

#17 of 17 Old 05-24-2012, 05:02 AM
Banned

Vitamins has really great benefits for your all body every vitamin just use for actual lack vitamin .

and my mother use just centrum .centrum is best multivitamin IMHO

because it is also better for your hair and skin .

so if you wanna know more about this then read article ...

http://fitness2you.com.au/ North Sydney Personal Trainer

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page