User Tag List

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 11-18-2009, 09:51 PM - Thead Starter

Likes Earned: 26
Likes Given: 12
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My 2 year old has what looks like scabs on her head under her hair. If you scratch them off, she just has white skin and dandruff underneath. I asked dad's wife about it and she said it was cradle cap. I am not sure a 2 year old can get cradle cap. I do wash and brush her hair everyday. (Dad's wife accused me of not washing and brushing her hair. ) Does anyone know what causes this scabby skin thing? My older dd never had it. It seems like it is just dandruff and oil to me - not really scabs.

“
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Euripides

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
”- John Barrymore “

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 11 Old 11-19-2009, 10:17 AM
Advanced Member

Likes Earned: 10
Likes Given: 0
My son gets white looking scabs as well. I wash his hair every other day. I use Selsan Blue dandruff shampoo a couple times a month and find that a fine tooth comb works best when the hair and scalp is wet. You don't need to comb her hair with it just gently scrape the scalp with the comb. Sometimes they white scabs come loose all as one with hair and folices and sometimes flakes off.
#3 of 11 Old 11-19-2009, 11:51 AM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 12
Peyton gets it now & then too. I treat it like craddle crap.

#4 of 11 Old 11-19-2009, 02:38 PM - Thead Starter

these are brown like scabs. I read up on it and it's one of a few things - an allergy, fungal infection or psoriasis.

“

Euripides

”- John Barrymore “

#5 of 11 Old 11-19-2009, 03:46 PM
Advanced Member

Likes Earned: 10
oic, perhaps you can find a remedy to treat it at home...not sure. Does it itch?
#6 of 11 Old 11-19-2009, 03:49 PM - Thead Starter

it doesn't seem to bother her at all. I like to rub the top of her head. I wonder if that is causing her skin to overproduce oil?

“

Euripides

”- John Barrymore “

#7 of 11 Old 11-19-2009, 10:06 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 22
Likes Given: 15
Lenora... Karah gets something like that too. My MIL (who is a beautician) said it is caused by excess scalp oil. The way I handle it, when it's bad is to massage oil into her scalp (I use olive oil), and leave it on for about 15 min. Then I use a comb and scrape it off.
#8 of 11 Old 11-19-2009, 10:55 PM - Thead Starter

Thanks! I thought it was something like that, because it does not seem to itch or bother her at all. If her hair was thicker, I wouldn't be able to see it or even know about it.

“

Euripides

”- John Barrymore “

#9 of 11 Old 11-20-2009, 09:48 AM
Administrator

Likes Earned: 16
Likes Given: 2
My kids all had that issue too ... Brenna still does to some extent. Her doctor said it was oil and dead skin build up. She also said that it is safe to use a dandruf shampoo on toddlers ... you just have to be careful not to get it in their eyes.

Elaine White

I'd love to be the ideal mother but I'm too busy raising my kids.

Haley Olivia 8-17-96 ~ Zachary Tyler 4-30-01 ~ Asher Mackenzie born an angel 2-26-03 ~ Brenna Grace 5-4-06
#10 of 11 Old 11-23-2009, 04:29 PM

Likes Earned: 13
Likes Given: 1
shoooot, Jerren had cradle cap really bad. FInally went away

I get that weird flaking on my scalp sometimes too. I usually get it if I don't wash my hair after a certain amount of days so now I just wash my hair everyday and I notice I don't get it when I use Dove shampoo.
#11 of 11 Old 06-04-2010, 11:21 AM

Likes Earned: 0
I am pretty sure they are called Snoods. There are places online that have them. Lots of Reenactment groups, especially Civil war ones have all kinds, from dressy to casual.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page