Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 03-08-2009, 10:48 PM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Likes Earned: 22
Likes Given: 15
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Okay... so I just submitted my third paper for this writing class, and unlike the others I know this one is not an A paper. If I'm lucky I will get a B, but more than likely a C. Just didn't have the time or the enjoyment of the paper... Rogerian Arguments... ugg! Nuff said.

Now I need to come up with a topic for my final paper. Something interesting that I will actually enjoy writing (that was the problem with the one I just did... no interest, and realized too late to change it).

Topics so far this term...
Grandmother's ring, Online Charter Schools (thanks Sis... I used you in it), and then Google Library.

Need a topic to write around 1500 words on that isn't going to bore me to death.... Help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 8 Old 03-09-2009, 10:02 AM

Likes Earned: 0
Likes Given: 0
So it can be about anything in the whole wide world?
If so, write something you know and feel passionate about like:
being a military wife, being a mom, online friends (just kidding!), not sure what else, but let's brainstorm.
If it can be about anything, then you have to write what you know and write about something you love. For me, I would write about my love of football, my love of writing, being a mom, losing my mom, those kinds of things, things that are important to me.

Tammy
wife to Kyle 4/27/96
Proud mom of two fabulous kids:
Emily 1/11/03
Travis 10/6/06
#3 of 8 Old 03-10-2009, 05:29 AM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Ehh... Wish it was anything. Should have said I need a minimum of 5 sources, and three of them have to be academic journals. So I can't write about some of those things.

I actually have thought about writing about online friendships... trying to figure out search terms for the databases on that one. Interesting to see what I can find....

#4 of 8 Old 03-10-2009, 09:37 AM

I was thinking it was an essay, not a research paper. You could do it on a person--Ronald Reagan, Nancy Reagan, Harper Lee (either of those two might be hard since they (Nancy and Harper Lee) are still alive), Arthur Ashe, Truman Capote, Gandhi, Nelson Mandela (I did a research paper on Gandhi and Mandela, comparing the two), Juliette Godon Lowe (founder of Girl Scouts), J. Robert Oppenheimer (invented the atomic bomb)
a time period: 1950's America, 1980's America (or a comparison of certain aspects of the two eras), the Holocaust
Issues such as the death penalty (could research whether it is actually a deterrent to crime), immigration (pick a facet), social promotion (do you have this in other states--it's where a child is promoted to the next grade, not because he/she actually passed, but because he/she has already failed once (or failed another grade) and would be "too old" comapared to his classmates (i.e. a 12 year old in 4th grade), addicts (arrested for possession--treatment vs. jail time/punishment)

Tammy
wife to Kyle 4/27/96
Emily 1/11/03
Travis 10/6/06
#5 of 8 Old 03-10-2009, 10:50 AM

Location: The Funny Farm, Where life is beautiful all the time...
Likes Earned: 10
Ok, what area are you looking for a topic in? What interests you?
Give me some ideas of what would interest you and I will suggest some things... if I know you could find some research on.

Kim
DH Chris 8-6-94 **15 Years! **

"It takes 20 years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, you'll do things differently." Warren Buffett
Mom to Lauren 10/26/04 & Ryan 4/6/06 MC 3/22/07 Comet (10-5-09... RIP Bubba) Visit me @
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
&...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

#6 of 8 Old 03-11-2009, 09:17 AM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Okay....
Currently looking at doing a paper on Foster Care, specifically aging out of the system. Trying to come up with search terms... and not finding a lot of hits.

Also was thinking about doing a paper on the health benefits of Cocoa... Not sure
I reread my syllabus, it's 2500 words and 8 sources, not 1500 and 5 (that was the paper I just turned in).
#7 of 8 Old 03-11-2009, 09:34 AM

With those kinds of requirements, I would pick something that you know you can find a lot of information on. I did a paper on the failure of busing when I was in college and had no problem finding lots of information on it. That's why I suggested people and issues because you'll find lots of information on those types of topics.

Tammy
wife to Kyle 4/27/96
Emily 1/11/03
Travis 10/6/06
#8 of 8 Old 03-11-2009, 07:04 PM - Thead Starter
Special Member

she specified if you do a person, you better not sound like an encyclopedia entry...
I think I have enough sources for a health benefits of cocoa paper. Pulled a bunch today anyway.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page