User Tag List

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 22 Old 06-22-2005, 03:09 PM - Thead Starter

Likes Earned: 0
Likes Given: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey everyone! I'm new to this site but I really need some encouragement. I went to my Gyno last week and she prescribed Clomid. My hubby and I deeply desire a child. We know that we would be wonderful parents. I'm sick with grief at times because I go through the same routine every month it seems. I know that some of you know what I mean. I have a best friend that is now 5 months pregnant after doctors told her she would never have children. I would never want to wish anything bad about her or her little girl(just found out) on the way, I simply want my chance! I know I'm probably sounding selfish, I'm sorry. Everytime I think about it, I get depressed. Help! Someone please throw me a lifesaver, I'm definitly drowning.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 22 Old 06-22-2005, 03:35 PM
Addicted Member

Here at BBU you will have that Life preserver!!! I had tried a year before it happened but there are lots of ladies here that are trying and will be able to give you that help & support.

I hope it happens real soon for you. And we are here to help you out.
#3 of 22 Old 06-22-2005, 03:36 PM
Addicted Member

I wish I had some profound words of wisdom. I know there are quite a few ladies on here that were in your same position who now have little ones. Don't give up!! Wishing you luck and lots of baby dust!!!

#4 of 22 Old 06-22-2005, 04:27 PM

I totally understand how you feel. It took my DH and I two years and finally Gonal-F injections and IUI to get pregnant. It seemed like the harder we tried, the more OTHER people got pregnant. I so vividly recall going to a co-worker's shower while in the middle of fertility testing, and I just felt sick the whole time. All I can say is just hang in there. Clomid works for many women, and I would go through everything all over again and even more to have my daughter. Whatever you have to go through to have a baby, even if it is ultimately adoption, it will all be worth it. PM me or email me any time with questions or if you just need to vent.

Tammy
wife to Kyle 4/27/96
Proud mom of two fabulous kids:
Emily 1/11/03
Travis 10/6/06
#5 of 22 Old 06-22-2005, 05:31 PM
Special Member

My DH and I also used Clomid and an IUI procedure to conceive our first child-Brianna and used the same method to conceive the twins, so though it is so difficult try not worry and know that there are other ladies here that are going through or have been through the same thing you are experiencing. Good luck and I hope the Clomid works for you and your DH.
#6 of 22 Old 06-29-2005, 11:40 AM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 10
lbellm just wanted to say welcome to baby u. I have no advice for you, just hope that soon you and your husband are blessed with a child. I am sure you will both make wonderful parents.
#7 of 22 Old 06-29-2005, 11:53 AM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 3
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I too know of that sinking sand. DH and tried for 4 years for a baby. We had three miscarriages and went through 2 years of fertility treatment. I now have 3 children. (4, 2 and 1)

I never got pregnant while using clomid, but a lot of people do.

I was actually told after stopping ferility treatments that I would never get pregnant and I have had 5 pregnancies (3 full term and 2 miscarriages) after that time.

I hope you have the same good fortune.

I know the waiting game can be hard, but just hang in there.
#8 of 22 Old 06-29-2005, 11:59 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 18
Likes Given: 1
it took us five years to concieve my ds Logan, we had just about given up hope of having our own child and planned on adopting.

good luck and ask any questions you like, you have found a great support system in Baby U!
#9 of 22 Old 07-04-2005, 02:34 PM

Likes Earned: 26
Likes Given: 12
I was told eight years before my dd was born that I would never have children because of damage to my uterus. Now, I have a beautiful two year old. Good luck with Clomid!

“
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Euripides

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
”- John Barrymore “

#10 of 22 Old 07-04-2005, 10:33 PM

Lenora has a good point--medicine is not an exact science. There is a lot the doctors do not know and cannot explain, and I know many people who were told they would "never have children" who conceived children naturally and now have at least one healthy miracle child. Don't discount the power of mind over matter.

Tammy
wife to Kyle 4/27/96
Emily 1/11/03
Travis 10/6/06
#11 of 22 Old 07-07-2005, 04:10 PM
Addicted Member

Welcome aboard!

for you! I know this must be really difficult for you.

There are lots of ladies here who can lend you advice and moral support whenever you need it!

I had two really good friends that had really good luck with Chlomid. So, hopefully it will work for you.
#12 of 22 Old 07-18-2005, 10:38 AM - Thead Starter

Hi everyone!!! Thanks so much for the encouraging words!! I had one of the best experiences of my life last Tuesday (12th)!! I had another friend that was soon to be a mommy third time around and she was induced Tuesday and when I told her I had never seen an actual birth she let me watch as she gave birth to a beautiful 7lb 12 oz baby boy. It was monumentous for me because of many reasons, but namely because she had thought about adoption and my hubby and I were wanting to adopt him, but I really felt for her. After much prayer and fasting for her she told me that she had decided to keep him. So witnessing this really and truly joyous occasion was a miracle for me. I know that it is in God's plan for my hubby and I to have children but it's SO hard waiting. In the mean time I'm trying to convince my friend (who is now 27 weeks) to let me be her coach!!!!
#13 of 22 Old 07-18-2005, 03:23 PM
Addicted Member

That is so neat. I am so happy for you.
#14 of 22 Old 09-16-2005, 09:30 PM - Thead Starter

Hey everyone! I wanted to give everyone an update. I finished my Clomid on Tuesday (13th). Hubby and I are playing the waiting game with this too, but doesn't seem to be as bad. Even though the Comid may not work, I feel as though I'm doing something, instead of sitting on my duff. I guess I'm honestly at the point where I'll cling to any hope offered. If the Comid doesn't work, hubby and I are stuck back at square one. But as this sounds so very depressing, I'm going to quit writing now.

P.S. Hubby's family is from Slidell, LA and have some house damage so please pray for them.

Also, yet ANOTHER friend has concieved.
#15 of 22 Old 09-16-2005, 10:05 PM
Special Member

Ohhh...I understand. My DH and I tried for 1 year and 9 months to conceive. Everyone around me was getting pregnant, but me. I finally realized when I turned 25 that if God don't want me to have a child...then fine. So I started planning my life with no thought of a child in it. One month later I was pregnant.

All I can say is that if it is meant to be....then it will be. I know that wasn't what you wanted to hear. Hang in there, but don't let it control your life. That's what happened to me...the moment I woke up in the morning I thought of a child...right before I drifted off to sleep at night...I thought of a child. During the day I thought of a child. Most of the time I cried.

Here at BabyU...you will have the support you need. We will never tell you you should feel a certain way...we will give you our opinon. We will give you some pointers if need be.

Good luck...I know you will have a baby soon.
#16 of 22 Old 09-16-2005, 10:13 PM

My husband and I tried for two years with no success, and then went to a fertility doctor. He put me on Clomid, which didn't work for me, but it does work for so many women, and I hope it works for you. Eventually, we did injections and artificial insemination using DH's sperm, and that worked for us.
What I can tell you is that it is normal to feel consumed by this and overwhelmed by it, and if getting pregnant doesn't work out for you, there are other ways to be a mom. Don't rule out adoption if it comes to that.

Tammy
wife to Kyle 4/27/96
Emily 1/11/03
Travis 10/6/06
#17 of 22 Old 09-16-2005, 11:22 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 18
Likes Given: 1
we tried for five years and were just starting to look into adoption when we found out we were

as soon as we were not concentrating on it so darn hard our bodies let things happen. It is impossible, but try not to stress too much

And GOOD LUCK!!
#18 of 22 Old 09-18-2005, 12:53 AM
Special Member

I've been there.... We concieved our daugher naturally. She was stillborn at 42 weeks. We wanted to ttc right away but my cycles were so messed up from the recent pregnancy and birth. We did clomid and IUI and had our son. I also took my temp and charted it every month. Have you tried that? I'd be more than willing to give you some help with that. It helped me feel more in control b/c I was doing SOMETHING every day. I'm now pregnant with #3 and we concieved naturally the month after I stopped breastfeeding ds. So just b/c your body doens't cooperate one cycle doesn't mean it won't work the next. PM or email me if you need anything. I know how discouraging it can be.
#19 of 22 Old 09-18-2005, 01:57 AM
Addicted Member

I think you have a great additude about this and I sure wish you and hubby the best. Praying for your family.
#20 of 22 Old 03-13-2006, 10:30 PM - Thead Starter

I don't know how many people will read this. It's been quite awhile since I posted anything in here. I wanted to update the one's who might be reading it though. For starters, my husband and I split up back in October. I met someone else and we dated for a few months. I just found out on the 28th of February that I'm going to have a baby. I'm 10 weeks now. There's the update, thanks for all the encouraging words before.
#21 of 22 Old 03-13-2006, 10:39 PM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 3
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I know how hard it can be. I had 3 miscarriages, went through 2 years of fertility treatments and tried for 5 years before I had my first DS. If you need to talk, I'm here for you.

Good Luck with the clomid. I hope it works for you.
#22 of 22 Old 03-13-2006, 11:11 PM
Special Member

I am sorry to hear about you and your husband.

But congratulations on the new guy and the new baby on the way.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page