BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews

BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews (https://www.babyuniversity.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Waiting Game (https://www.babyuniversity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   I think we missed it!!!!!!!!!! (https://www.babyuniversity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=146656)

StevesSweetie 05-11-2006 04:25 PM

I think we missed my fertile time. I believe it was around Monday or Tuesday. I've been so darn tired lately and so has Steve. This past weekend konked me out!!!

I'm having second thoughts again about TTC. I would love to have a child but now I'm so consumed with our new house I just don't know what to do! Sometimes I wonder if I'll be a good mother. Sometimes I wonder if I should just remain childless. Most of the time I just figure it won't happen for me. Steve and I are doing pretty good right now I wonder if we really need to have a child that will definitely be a blessing, yet stressful.

Sometimes I just don't know what I want anymore in regards to having a child. I think my PCOS/infertility is really putting out my fire to have a child. I'm losing confidence in myself in becoming a mother.

Meghan 05-11-2006 06:08 PM

Cheryl I can't even begin to imagine how hard this is for you... No matter what you choose, I hope it all works out for you.

MelanieTwo 05-12-2006 02:36 PM

angel_star45891 05-14-2006 08:38 PM

Cheryl,
I am only 21 years old, but I have endured and WON the PCOS battle. I was diagnosed 6 years ago with PCOS, and I thought I would never be able to have children of my own. I'm now 22 weeks pregnant, and this pregnancy has been wonderful, no problems at all. I started to feel the same way that you are feeling now. I really think I can help you and give you some hope that it can and DOES happen. I didn't even resort to charting or anything, I had a WONDERFUL doctor who truly understands PCOS and was willing to help me. Please message me sometime on yahoo or on here, I would LOVE to talk to you. Don't give up hope. Good luck with your TTC, and I hope that you and I can chat soon.

Angie

StevesSweetie 05-15-2006 11:59 AM

Thanks Angie.

I think I'm good though. I'm almost 36 years old and really losing my desire to have a child in some respects. I've dealt with PCOS, have studied it, and just really think my age plus PCOS is making me have second thoughts on becoming a mother.

Some days my desire to be a mother is strong, but other days I just let my independence take over and question if I really want a child. Society really isn't friendly to child-free couples. I've even asked myself if I'm really just wanting a baby because 'everyone else is doing it'. So there are just a lot of things going on right now besides the PCOS issue.

I don't even take my Metformin anymore. Can't stand the stuff and I really don't plan on going back on it. I know that is bad but I just would rather beat this thing without that stuff!! Some control it by their diet and exercising. That is what I would much rather do.

Also, I've been married for almost 7.5 years and my hubby and I are doing pretty good right now. I know throwing a child into the mixture would put stress on our marriage...and I'm not exactly thrilled about that. Our marriage is strong enough we'd probably do ok, but Steve and I are doing pretty good right now.

I do wish I could have all the joyful things mothers go through...the hugs and kisses from the little one's, the pictures they draw, all the cute things they say.

If I'm blessed enough to have a child, I'll be happy. But another part of me is happy now with the way things are in my life.

I'm rambling.

PV2Brittany92Y 05-29-2006 06:19 PM

's to you Cheryl. Whatever happens happens.

Dina 05-30-2006 03:26 PM