How OUTRAGEOUS can they GET!?!?!?! - BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews
User Tag List

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 14 Old 05-14-2005, 01:30 PM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Likes Earned: 9
Likes Given: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
On Tuesday, supposedly under the supervision of 3 teachers, Brian had his pants pulled down THREE TIMES on the playground at his school. (I suppose it wouldn't have been so bad, but he had chosen that day not to wear underpants.)

Brian says 4 boys were involved and it happened 3 times.

The vice principal called Chris several hours after the incident because she wanted to "check it out thoroughly before she called". (I could HEAR the steam coming from Chris's ears even all the way downtown.)

Well, he didn't like the answers he got from the administration at the school, so he called a lawyer and the superintendent of elementary schools at the district. This woman apparently got on the phone w/the principal and, golly gee, all of a sudden there was a meeting set up for Chris and the two school administrators.

I had to stay home w/the kids because it was called for after school and we couldn't have the kids there with us.

Chris came home angrier than he was when he left. He says the principal tried to intimidate him by stating "how dare he" go over her head to her supervisor and complain when she had "gone to bat" for us in terms of the special ed for our sons and for the PTA.

The four boys involved were in the school the rest of that day and the whole next day because it was 'standardized testing' week at the school. This kind of ticked us off. Not only because the school was more concerned with getting their test scores in to make themselves look good than with our son's welfare, but because we couldn't help feeling that if it had been Brian that did it, he would've BEEN out for a couple of days.

Finally on thursday the testing was over. 3 of the boys were not there but one was. I don't know if the school didn't think he was involved or what. While Chris was out, Brian told me that he had not been allowed on the playground that day (if I understood him correctly) because that boy was there. How do you like that? Punish the victim? WTF?

And did I DREAD the PTA Board meeting that night? The principal didn't speak directly about the meeting she, the VP and Chris had had but she did run on about how tough it would be for schools next year.

They want to start the primary school at 7:45 am. It starts now at 8:30. Something about it saving on transportation costs (on the busses).

I think Chris is probably too over the top when it comes to confrontation in cases like this, which unfortunately we seem to run into all the time, and I am TOO low key. We need to meet in the middle and work together.

Chris talked with his cousin, who is a teacher in Carrollton (north of Dallas) and who has a daughter with ADD like Brian has. She gave him some good information.

Basically, what they did to him was sexual harassment, bordering on assault. One time I MIGHT have been able to write it off as a prank. But two and three times, by 3 and 4 different people? And one of these boys is the one that slammed his head into the brick wall before their last field trip. And another one tripped him in the hall the other day and sent him flying. I'd like to meet the parents of these children so I can try and figure out how they got that way.

Sorry that brevity is not the soul of my wit.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 14 Old 05-14-2005, 01:41 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 2
Personally, I would have GONE OFF!!!!! Like you said, one time, I could dismiss as a prank - but NOT the others!! I'd let the school
AND the board know just exactly how you feel - that this is HARRASSMENT, boarding on ABUSE! And I'd also let them know that you EXPECT this to be FULLY INVESTIGATED, want to know what was said to the others boys' parents, and what action they (meaning the parents AND the school ) are going to take regarding same !!!!

God, are they just STUPID?!??!!??!?!!????!
#3 of 14 Old 05-14-2005, 01:43 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 2
Ya want I should some up there and kick some ????

#4 of 14 Old 05-14-2005, 01:58 PM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 0
Kick some A$$ for me too Lisa.

Sexually Assult would be the main thing I would concentrate on with this. How dare this happen to your kids not once but 3 times. No this will not happen in my book. LuAnn stand up for you kids whether they are preschool or high school. THose boys should be suspended or moved to another school. No exceptions.
#5 of 14 Old 05-14-2005, 02:16 PM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Hey Lisa, the more the merrier!

Well, I have to say one thing nice about MIL here, she offered to pay for a lawyer if that's the route we go.
#6 of 14 Old 05-14-2005, 02:22 PM

Likes Earned: 26
Likes Given: 12
I would definitely talk to the lawyer again. That's outrageous. If anyone should be staying in recesses and getting in trouble, it should be the bullies. to you. to that school!

“
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Euripides

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
”- John Barrymore “

#7 of 14 Old 05-14-2005, 04:18 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 18
Likes Given: 1
that is just totally backwards!
#8 of 14 Old 05-16-2005, 09:14 AM
Special Member

That is just wrong what the school did. Poor Brian
#9 of 14 Old 05-16-2005, 09:21 AM - Thead Starter
Special Member

We'll see how the next couple of days go. The Principal said she or the VP would stand outside if necessary. I hope it doesn't come to that. I think if anything else happens we will probably taking him out and homeschooling until we move....he would be in the same school with those boys next year and on and on etc.

Chris said he will go to the district on Wednesday if nothing is changed.
#10 of 14 Old 05-16-2005, 10:04 AM
Addicted Member

I would be livid!
#11 of 14 Old 05-16-2005, 10:08 AM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 29
That is horrible! I hope something is done about those boys! How old are they anyway? Poor Brian must have been so embarrassed!
#12 of 14 Old 05-16-2005, 10:11 AM
Special Member

#13 of 14 Old 05-16-2005, 07:38 PM - Thead Starter
Special Member

They are 8 or 9 (about Brian's age). They're in his class. So it's not like he can avoid them.
#14 of 14 Old 05-16-2005, 07:47 PM

OMG They need to remove those boys asap. From what you said this is not the first itme they have stuff and it sounds like the school is just going to let them keep getting away with it. Get a lawyer and kick som ebut. He needs to safe from any form of harm at school

Becky
Wayne since 8/07~ almost a year! Who would have thought I would ever find my prince?

Samantha 4/19/95
Logan 10/9/01 Kia 9/10/98 Colby 3/28/01 I am a Motorcross Momma!!Enter to win BabyUniversity's
Contest and a $25 GC!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page