Our dog had some of the tainted dog food... - BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews
User Tag List

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 04-04-2007, 10:16 PM - Thead Starter

Likes Earned: 0
Likes Given: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
He is going to be ok, but he does have some kidney damage that will require him to be on a special prescription dog food for probaly the rest of his life. And he will require alot more check up visits than a healthy dog would. But otherwise he will be fine. I am really really upset right - and raving mad at Purina.Their website says they issued the recall on March 31st, but my store didn't recieve word or the orders to pull the product from the shelves till today. We called several other stores in our area, and few others called us, and noone got it till today.So if the initiated the recall 5 days age why didn't they inform their retailers till today? My vet - I take him to a Banfield at Petsmart - and they, Petsmart, didn't get the orders to pull it until today. The vets hadn't even been notified of it yet! They only knew cu z they happen to be in the store! They did give me a 25% discount off the vet bill. They said they wish they could treat the pets affected by this for free, but due to the number of cases they are treasting, they just can't do it - it would put them out of business. I thought it was really cool they gave a discount tho. But anyhoo - the point is it seems to me like they kinda dragged their butts about it....
Another reason I'm angry with them is that they have three different 800 numvbers to call - two of them stop answering at 4:30 pm and the third stops answering at seven. which is impossibble to get through because as their message says they are being "inundated with a extraordinarily large volume of calls". I mean come on you jerks - peoples pets are getting sick and dying - the least you could do is have someone answering the phones 24/7.I mean really now. I have beemn trying to get in contact with someone there all nite tonite because the cans i have that made my dog sick have earlier date codes than what is being recalled but does have the same plant code. So made in the same place, but was made earlier than the recalled stuff. I would think that should mean they need to expand the recall.

I just know I'm really upset. I know Calvin will alright as long as we take good care, but still sad and angry it happened to him.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 8 Old 04-04-2007, 10:20 PM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 12
#3 of 8 Old 04-04-2007, 11:00 PM
Special Member

There are some people trying to start a class action law suit to get the vet bills paid for. I would find out if you can get in on it somehow.

What prescription food is he on? I really hope he's okay.

#4 of 8 Old 04-05-2007, 12:28 AM
Special Member

I'm so sorry that he had some of the food, but I'm so happy that he'll be OK!
#5 of 8 Old 04-05-2007, 01:01 AM
Addicted Member

Location: In a house with a bunch of walls, windows and doors
Likes Earned: 15
I am so sorry that you are having to go through all this, but I am glad that your dog is going to be ok, even if he does have to have special food.

I agree that they need to have someone manning the phones longer than they do.....and if they issued the recall 5 days ago, then they really should have made sure the stores that they sell to KNEW IT TOO
#6 of 8 Old 04-05-2007, 07:41 AM

Likes Earned: 10
I'm sorry.. atleast he is going to be okay..

My MIL and FIL have 3 cats and 1 of them is really sick from it too. The other 2 it didn't affect, but Morris has serious kidney damage, they don't know if he'll live much longer.

~Robyn~
~Mommy to~
Austin & Dylan

Remember, You don't stop laughing because you grow old, You grow old because you stop laughing..
#7 of 8 Old 04-05-2007, 09:08 AM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 10
Likes Given: 1
I'm so sorry Calvin was affected by it!

You are right...the least they can do is have someone answering those phones 24/7 since this is a special issue that is a matter of life and death for animals affected by the tainted food.
#8 of 8 Old 04-05-2007, 12:23 PM

Likes Earned: 26
Likes Given: 12
Do they have a contact address or e-mail on their site?

“
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Euripides

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
”- John Barrymore “

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page