Sometimes I just want to throw my.... - BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews
User Tag List

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 05-11-2004, 11:55 AM - Thead Starter

Location: The Funny Farm, Where life is beautiful all the time...
Likes Earned: 10
Likes Given: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Nursing Journals out the WINDOW!

I just read an article about the ever popular RN education debate. I'm just SEETHING over the misguided Bull$#!* that they are writing. Some individual that has decided they are the authority on RN education decided to do a study... which was WAY skewed (not enough sample for a study)... feels that you are poor RN if you aren't BSN prepared.

Being an RN myself for many years, I know personally that this is a CROCK!! Some of the best nurses I know are diploma prepared. I would have them care for my family before many of the BSN prepared RN's.

I guess the bottom line is this.... I wish people would realized that it's the PERSON that makes the RN, not the amount of letters (alphabet soup) behind their name.

Sorry about the long rant. I'm just SOOOOO ticked right now!!! I even emailed the editor-in-chief fo the journal!

Kim
DH Chris 8-6-94 **15 Years! **

"It takes 20 years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, you'll do things differently." Warren Buffett
Mom to Lauren 10/26/04 & Ryan 4/6/06 MC 3/22/07 Comet (10-5-09... RIP Bubba) Visit me @
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
&...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 8 Old 05-11-2004, 11:57 AM

Likes Earned: 0
I agree. It is the person that makes the nurse.

Becky
Wayne since 8/07~ almost a year! Who would have thought I would ever find my prince?

Samantha 4/19/95
Logan 10/9/01 Kia 9/10/98 Colby 3/28/01 I am a Motorcross Momma!!Enter to win BabyUniversity's
Contest and a $25 GC!
#3 of 8 Old 05-11-2004, 12:05 PM
Addicted Member

Write him a letter and go off! Maybe he will get the hint! Have people you work with sign it!

#4 of 8 Old 05-11-2004, 01:39 PM
Addicted Member

Location: In a house with a bunch of walls, windows and doors
Likes Earned: 15
you tell them girl!!1
#5 of 8 Old 05-11-2004, 01:46 PM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 11

#6 of 8 Old 05-11-2004, 02:02 PM
Special Member

You can always get the results you want when you do a survey if you go into it with your mind made up and "organize" the survey to fit that.

Glad you let them know how you feel about it.
#7 of 8 Old 05-11-2004, 04:04 PM
Addicted Member

I TOTALLY agree.

Actually, I think that's so with most professions.

Just because you have an MBA doesn't make you good at business. Just because you have a degree in education doesn't make you a good teacher. It just shows that you paid a college to give you a piece of paper.

Whoever wrote that. You know--some of the most highly educated people in the world have no common sense, which basically makes them stupid.
#8 of 8 Old 05-11-2004, 04:54 PM - Thead Starter

Location: The Funny Farm, Where life is beautiful all the time...
Likes Earned: 10
Yup. I'm an ADN that had a prior BS degree. But still people are deluded enough to think that BSN's and MSN's are better. Not so. Just means you want to do something different. I'm sorry. I have trained new grads and BSN's are NO BETTER than ADN's. It just burns my buns that people put so much stock in degrees. Some of the "most highly educated" people are dumber than a box of rocks. If you don't have any common sense, a higher degree won't help you a bit.

Sorry girls, I'm still PO'ed. And yes, I let Cheryl Mee, editor-in-chief know my position.

Dorks!

Kim
DH Chris 8-6-94 **15 Years! **

"It takes 20 years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, you'll do things differently." Warren Buffett
Mom to Lauren 10/26/04 & Ryan 4/6/06 MC 3/22/07 Comet (10-5-09... RIP Bubba) Visit me @
&...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page