To freeze, or not to freeze!! - BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews
View Poll Results: Would you choose to have cryotherapy or pap tests every 3-4 months?
Cryotherapy 0 0%
Pap tests 1 100.00%
Leave it go 0 0%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 10-13-2006, 07:44 PM - Thead Starter

Likes Earned: 0
Likes Given: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ok ladies. I am asking this pole because I have a big decision to make, and I just don't know what to do. My pap came back showing abnormal cells again (mild cervial dysplasia). The doctor did a pap a year ago and then a colposcopy. He decided at that time to just do a pap every 6 months and let it go away on its own. I got pregnant 3 months later and had to wait until my 6 week postpartum to have another pap done. I have a decision to make now....get cryotherapy done and freeze off the bad cells or go in every 3-4 months for another pap test. I know cryotherapy can cause fertility issues and since I want at least 1 more child, I'm not so sure that is what I want to do, but I also know that this could turn into cancer later on down the road. If you were in my shoes, which decision would you make and why??? Thanks ladies....I have to call my doctor back on Monday with my decision, and though your opinions will help me decide, the final decision is totally up to me. So no pressure here ok
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 10-13-2006, 07:52 PM
Addicted Member

I think if I wanted at least one more child, I would go with the pap tests, and then after my next baby, I would do the cryotherapy.
#3 of 5 Old 10-13-2006, 08:13 PM
Special Member

I think it would depend on the specific lab results. I'm assuming there's been no change from the original pap to this one? Is freezing your only option? I had a LEEP procedure done before I ever started having children and it didn't cause any problems.

#4 of 5 Old 10-13-2006, 08:26 PM - Thead Starter

I'm honestly not sure if there has been any change. I was wondering that also, but while on the phone with the nurse, I didn't remember to ask. I think my decision will depend a lot on whether or not it has gotten worse. Also, I have Medicaid and they don't pay for pap tests. My last test was $153 and if I have to come up with that money 3 or 4 times a year, we just couldn't do it financially. I know after cryotherapy though...the first year is a pap test every 3 months...the next year is every 6 months, and then on year 3 if my pap is clean, it'll go back to once a year. I don't know if they'll do anything else since I'm on medicaid, but if they had other options that wouldn't harm my fertility I would do it. Thanks for the opinions so far ladies
#5 of 5 Old 10-22-2006, 03:00 AM

Im with Dawn on this one. I went through all of these about two years ago and did the LEEP. My doctor said that freezing doesn't always get rid of all the bad cells

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page