Halloween is Right Around the Corner! - BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews
User Tag List

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 09-18-2001, 11:27 AM - Thead Starter

Likes Earned: 0
Likes Given: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey guys! Halloween is coming. What are you dressing your kids as? My son wants to be Superman and I'm looking for stuff for Sarah. Any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 09-19-2001, 10:14 PM

Mine still change thier minds every thine they think about halloween. The oldest has been a bride two years in a row. Last year the next was little boo peep and just adorable. This will be my litttle mans first year out and we will problaby just put something together out of his toy box. Maybe a constructon worker or a cowboy.

I never bothered dressign mine up wihen they were wee bitty so sorry I can't be of any more help.

Smiles
Denise
#3 of 6 Old 09-20-2001, 01:11 AM
Special Member

Last year Michael went as Tigger. He fell alseep in the stroller as we walked from house to house. This year he should be wide awake!

This year Tim wants him to go as Elmo. We'll see how it goes that's if I can find a suitable Elmo costume that isn't to hot to wear. The Texas weather in October isn't real great for heavy costumes.

Sandra

A preemie's pooh to Michael 12-01-99

Are you a parent of a special needs child? Share your child's story with us...visit Children with Special Needs where Special Children need Special Parents

Visit Michael's webpage and see his gallery of photos at: www.babiesonline.com/babies/t/tigerpup

#4 of 6 Old 09-21-2001, 11:40 PM - Thead Starter

I hear you Sandra! Its always hard to find suitable stuff. I remember trick or treating in Boston as a child and getting mad at my mom cause she'd make me wear a coat over my costume!
#5 of 6 Old 09-22-2001, 02:07 AM

I don't really like to buy the store made costumes so I try to improvise as much as I can. My son's first Halloween I made him a Blue costume by taking a blue one piece pajama and sticking little blue felt spots all around. I also cut off the fingers of a pair of old blue gloves and pinned one to the butt for Blue's tail and then fastened blue felt ears to a headband. The next year he was Buzz Lightyear. Since I couldn't find a white sweat shirt in his size, I took one of mine and cut the arms and the waist part to fit his body. Then I took some felt pieces and sewed them to the shirt for the "Space Ranger" buttons and such. For the rockets, I fastened some glowing chem lights to also keep him safe too. He wore that costume well after Halloween.

This year Dominik has decided to be a dinosaur. His sister is going to be a baby dinosaur with her legs, arms and tail poking out of the egg shell and, if I can manage to get started early enough, I am going to be cave woman mom. It should be cute.
#6 of 6 Old 09-25-2001, 01:37 PM
Special Member

Billy wanted to buy Alexander Superman pajamas and after we found them in his size, that's what we decided he would wear for Halloween. They even came with a cape!! He is so cute in them and I love that he will get lots of wear out of his "costume."

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page