How can I make any plans??? - BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews
User Tag List

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 06-12-2006, 06:02 PM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Likes Earned: 0
Likes Given: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I hate this whole situation with DH's ex. This should probably be in the rant section because that is what it is.

I never know when Anna will be coming. We should be getting her sometime soon for most of the summer, but I ask Shawn when and he has no clue. There have been times that I didn't know till the week before she came down.I guess they just think I can pull a new budget for the extra food,etc.... out of my @ss. The fact is if I don't budget for the extras on pay day, then the extra is NOT there.we get paid every other week.
Ok...so here it is summer....she should be out of school soon(they go longer up there because of more snow days) and no one has a clue when she is coming. I signed the boys up for the summer reading program today and was going to sign her up too, but how can I when I don't know if she will stand a chance of being able to complete it? I got tickets for the animal program at the collage next week....I didn't know if she would be here so I got an extra ticket....they are limited so if she isn't here I could have just wasted a perfectly good ticket someone else could use. I want to sign the kids up for some of the other programs, but again they are limited registration and I don't want to waste a spot, yet I don't want to screw the kids out of the programs. I had the opportunity to sign her up for a free tennis camp which I think she would have liked , but no one can tell me if she would be here for the deadline registration date(she has to be present to see what she knows and what her skills are to put her in the right group.). So she will probably miss out on something really cool. When anyone ask her mother all she says is "she's working on figuring it out, she'll let us know".

The worst of it is Anna is the one getting the most screwed. All the summer programs I would love to put her in so she could make friends and have a life this summer will either be full or closed and she will miss out. Why is it I am the only one who gives a crap that their daughter is going to lose out!? I mean, for me it's just a matter of juggling money....for her it's her whole summer, the differance between having a great time and being bored stiff.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 8 Old 06-12-2006, 06:12 PM

I understand how you feel. I have been in similar situations myself with both my ds with his dad and dsd's activities. Hang in there!
#3 of 8 Old 06-12-2006, 06:17 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 10
I hope that they get things figured out soon!

#4 of 8 Old 06-13-2006, 01:26 PM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Found out this morning she will be down Saturday....Thanks for the notice

And once again she will be down between pay days and I didn't budget

Please tell the mean horrible thoughts in my head about her mother to go away....I am not usually a mean person.
#5 of 8 Old 06-13-2006, 03:21 PM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 11
Wanna borrow my rifle?
#6 of 8 Old 06-16-2006, 11:38 AM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Becca, you are not helping the evil voices in my head go away...as a matter of fact you are just adding some very graphic images to go along with them!

Heheheheh.....are you for hire by chance???
#7 of 8 Old 09-24-2006, 12:58 AM

Ok I know this is an old thread, but...
I just wanted to let you know you're not alone!! I deal with this all the time...
#8 of 8 Old 03-20-2009, 04:53 PM
jvs

Hi I am new to this chat, but I can identify with your situation! There has been a decade long dispute between my fiance and his ex (they seperated before their daughter was born). They have been to court 12 times (I kid you not!) and he has been accused of everything under the sun. Dispite this eventually she is always found to be unreliable and he is granted his access. We enjoy a great relationship with the child despite a two hour seperation, but access is a constant struggle. I hate to be a downer, but even with court ordered visits and holidays, his ex has successfully avoided many planned holidays and special events. Not to mention the "bad" things that we understand she says about us to her children (she has two others, with two different fathers). We do not ever speak. The fact that you can communicate at all with this woman is acutally a good thing. There is no way to guarantee plans I am afraid, I am really struggling with this one myself. We are finally planning our wedding for the summer and due to all the manipulating on the ex's end, it is now a real possibility that she will prevent our stepdaughter from attending. And she is dying to be in our wedding party! Anyhow, sorry for the long reply, but I have really discovered that you can go crazy trying to depend on someone who is not dependable! Not to mention all the feelings on their end that you have no hope of really understanding! I have been looking at it from every angle, but I have just finally decided that I do not have control and that to try will probably put me in the funny farm! I would say court is a waste of time, but it can be helpful in establishing some regularity. Sometimes a well worded letter, that looks like an friendly offer can go a long way. If you can make it look like they are winning something in the arrangement, the bio mom feels empowered and may not keep trying to change things up. I mean, it helps for her to make plans she can count on too, right? In theory anyhow. Worth a try, take care and good luck.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page