Oh, what isn't he telling me? - BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews
User Tag List

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 03-14-2006, 11:06 PM - Thead Starter

Likes Earned: 0
Likes Given: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Talked to my dad just now. He said he will be coming up next week, probaly Monday night to talk to me about something important. He said he wasn't going to tell me anything else until then cuz his " doctors appointment is on Monday and he'll know moree then." All he'd tell me is that there's been some probs with him recently but he doesn't want me to worry cuz it's really nothing serious right now. Not serious now? As worn and haggard as he sounded, and the fact he's making a trip up for the sole purpose of talking to me about "things" tells me it's nothing minor either. So when will it be serious? On Monday when he gets the mysterious "test results" he kept mentioning? You know, I really hate it he tries to protect me like this, cuz I know thats what he's doing. He doesn't want to worry or upset me, but hasn't he learned yet that when he does this, it only scares me more. The only time he acts like this is when it is something major. So now I'm scared to death and I've gotta wait a week to find out exactly why.... I swear I just wanna go down there and beat it out of him. I'd call my sister, but if I don't know yet, she's even more in the dark than I am. Monday night I'll be sitting on my phone. He'll have till 5:30 to call before I start calling him.

HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO WAIT A WEEK WITHOUT LOSING MY FREAKING MIND??????????????????????????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 10 Old 03-14-2006, 11:12 PM - Thead Starter

Ok, and now I feel kinda cold - Erics hurting real bad right now. His gramma passed away last night. We all knew she wasn't gonna last long after his pap died back in Dec. He still hadn't fully recovered from losing his pap. Plus he's worried sick about his dad, who has completely lost with grief of losing both his parents so close together. I think thias may be part of why I am so freaked about my dad. Seeing Eric and his dad, it just reminds me that my dad isn't gonna be there forever either. Then he calls and tells me this. And I'm alone right now. Kids are sleeping, and eric went over to his parents to see and check on his dad. I can't wait till he gets home just so I can hug and hold him. And tell him a couple hundred times how much I love him.
#3 of 10 Old 03-14-2006, 11:28 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 2
I'm so sorry for Eric's loss, Tammy.

#4 of 10 Old 03-15-2006, 12:05 AM

Likes Earned: 26
Likes Given: 12
I'm so sorry, Tammy. I hope your dad is okay.

“
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Euripides

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
”- John Barrymore “

#5 of 10 Old 03-15-2006, 12:09 AM
Special Member

I am sorry for Eric's loss, Tammy. I hope your Dad is okay.
#6 of 10 Old 03-15-2006, 11:36 AM
Addicted Member

and for your Dad!
#7 of 10 Old 03-15-2006, 12:38 PM
Addicted Member

#8 of 10 Old 03-15-2006, 12:43 PM

#9 of 10 Old 03-15-2006, 03:34 PM
Special Member

I can't believe your dad would leave you in the dark like that. I'm sorry about Eric's loss.
#10 of 10 Old 03-15-2006, 04:44 PM - Thead Starter

Well Milly, he's not trying to leave me in the dark. I know why he does this. He knows what an active imagination I can have, the horrible things I can think up. He knows that if he just lets my imagination worry me, no matter what it actually is, it won't seem quite as bad as what I was thinking. Therefor I usually end up feeling a littrle more relaxed and able to cope with the actual prob. If any of that makes sense. I guess it helps just cuz it keeps me from forgetting how grateful I should feel, when I know how much worse it could be. Keeps me grounded in a way.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page